Author Topic: Don's workshop  (Read 10496 times)

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
Don's workshop
« on: March 30, 2015, 05:00:19 PM »
Well I have been doing some spring cleaning and after a little organizing I thought some of you might be interested in seeing my shop. I bet you wouldn't be able to guess what my favorite color is.
The first four photo's start from left and ends right. This is the A/C and heating side of the shop. The shop is 30 x 40 ft and is split down the middle with one side enclose and the other opened so I can drive my truck into it when needed. I have enclose a 10 x 15 ft section for an office and 10 x 5 ft for a bath room.

In the photo you can see inside my office.

This is my nuk as I call it.

The other half of the shop is where I keep the welding rigs and varies other equipment.
This is my work bench and you can tell I got cared away with blue paint. I will be reprinting it soon.

A few toys bandsaw, router, drum sander and die filer.

Main tool box just haven't gotten to cleaning it yet.

I hope you enjoyed the photos nd thanks for looking.

Don

Offline mike mott

• Alberta Canada
Re: Don's workshop
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 05:25:56 PM »
Very nicely organized, Don, and seems like you have pretty much all you need in the way of machines.

mike
If you can imagine it you can build it

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 05:26:44 PM »
Wow Don, that is most impressive and multiple spaces as well!!  I am envious!! Thanks for sharing those.

Bill

Offline Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 05:28:56 PM »
Hi Don,
Thanks for the great tour of your workshop!  Its beautiful!  You have a lot of nice space there and everything is so clean and organized.  I love it!

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and giving us a view into your sanctuary.
Kim

Offline peatoluser

• liverpool UK
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »
very impressive and very tidy. I particularly like the wooden tool chest and the small lathe on the shelf.
thanks  for the tour

peter

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 07:17:40 PM »
Hi Don, seeing all these space, equipped with these nice tools I get immediately this feeling, that I have to go into a small dark room, closing the door and start crying for some time. Or with other words, I am jealous.
Enjoy it, it is a good feeling to have a proper space to go in  and to leave the rest of the world outside.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 10:22:17 PM »
Nice!

10x5 bathroom eh? I could live in that if I can have access to all your toys. What's the rent?
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline Art K

• Madison, Wisconsin USA
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 11:16:38 PM »
Don,
The shop looks great. I like the wood paneling and cabinets. To bad about needing space for the truck :LittleDevil:. I ran into that problem with my garage.
Art
"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you" B.B. King

Offline philjoe5

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 11:38:42 PM »
Nice shop Don.  It looks pretty well organized and almost spotless.  Thanks for sharing.  My only disappointment is that I couldn't find the reference bottle of Tabasco sauce ::)

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 12:36:07 AM »
Thanks guys for looking and commenting.

very impressive and very tidy. I particularly like the wooden tool chest and the small lathe on the shelf.
thanks  for the tour

peter
Peter the small lathe is an American watch makers lathe and the tool boxes are from Grizzly.

Nice!

10x5 bathroom eh? I could live in that if I can have access to all your toys. What's the rent?
Zee if you want it it's yours rent free. See you at CF.
Don,
The shop looks great. I like the wood paneling and cabinets. To bad about needing space for the truck :LittleDevil:. I ran into that problem with my garage.

Art
Thanks Art and how is your new shop coming along? By the way I don't park my truck in the shop, the space is there should I need to work on it.
Nice shop Don.  It looks pretty well organized and almost spotless.  Thanks for sharing.  My only disappointment is that I couldn't find the reference bottle of Tabasco sauce ::)

Cheers,
Phil
PHIL if you look close at the left side of the pillar tool you can see the box.  :lolb:

Don

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 01:53:01 AM »
Good lord Don.   That's beautiful!
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline 90LX_Notch

• North Eastern Pennsylvania USA
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 02:32:16 AM »
I concur with Dave's statement.  That is one beautiful shop Don.  I'm jealous.

-Bob
Proud Member of MEM

My Engine Videos on YouTube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notch90usa/videos

Offline PStechPaul

• Cockeysville, MD 21030
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 08:01:31 AM »
I'm really ashamed of my "shop" now after seeing how clean and well-organized yours is. I'm also impressed with your electronic equipment. Maybe once I get my orthopedic issues addressed I'll be able to clean up and organize my shop a little better, but it'll never be any thing near what you have. I'm busy getting things ready for CF, and hopefully I'll have time to do a bit more on my TIgTac transistor ignition and tachometer you were interested in. It basically works as a tachometer and fires the spark when the "points" open, but I have not incorporated the variable advance/retard.

I recently got a new milling vise as well as a smaller 4" toolmakers vise during Enco's recent sale, but haven't used them yet. Maybe the nice shiny vise will inspire me to clean up and make things easier to use. It's also just about my favorite color* (although a little greener than this picture shows):

And I love the "Chinglish" users manual!

*It seems your favorite color is brown, because of all the wooden cabinets...  :shrug: :Lol:

Offline vcutajar

• Marsascala, MALTA
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 11:18:01 AM »
Hi Don, seeing all these space, equipped with these nice tools I get immediately this feeling, that I have to go into a small dark room, closing the door and start crying for some time. Or with other words, I am jealous.

Have to agree with Achim.  Major workshop jealousy.  It also reminded me of my disorganised workshop and started missing it. :'(

Vince

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 12:55:18 PM »
Dog, those aren't work areas, they are operating rooms :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:. Only thing, I didn't see any game or fish mounts on the wall, not a sign of any fishing gear, or any signs of a crock pot, you sure you in La. :lolb: :lolb:.

Cletus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal