Author Topic: Don's workshop  (Read 10497 times)

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
Re: Don's workshop
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 02:35:09 PM »
Thanks guys for looking in. Now I didn't set out to made any of you cry.  :lolb: This shop had been a dream of mine for a lone time when I finnaly built it in 2000 and layed it out like I wanted it.
Dog, those aren't work areas, they are operating rooms :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:. Only thing, I didn't see any game or fish mounts on the wall, not a sign of any fishing gear, or any signs of a crock pot, you sure you in La. :lolb: :lolb:.

Cletus
Dog I give up hunting and fishing a long time ago. I didn't have the heart to kill anything anymore and reading has taken the place of fishing. We use to boil our crawfish here but now it's just as easy to go out to eat them saves the mess. Thanks my brother.

Don

Offline Mosey

• Rosemont, New Jersey, USA
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 05:52:39 PM »
So, Don, Buddy,
You did me another big favor in showing the TajMaHal of workshops! Now, if she gives me any negative feedback about buying more machines, tools, or expanding my shop, I just refer her to the pictures of yours!
WHoopee  :pinkelephant: :cartwheel: :lolb: :ROFL:

Offline Mike Bondarczuk

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 05:54:21 PM »
Hi Don,

Very impressive workshop layout and may I just ask about the casters under the mill.

I have the same 626 mill and will be moving into the new workshop extension later in the year and am wondering whether you have experienced any chatter when cutting or any other movements with the whole assembly on wheels, or have you secured them somehow.

Best regards,

Mike :noidea:
"Everything I can't find is in a totally secure place"

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 06:47:03 PM »
So, Don, Buddy,
You did me another big favor in showing the TajMaHal of workshops! Now, if she gives me any negative feedback about buying more machines, tools, or expanding my shop, I just refer her to the pictures of yours!
WHoopee  :pinkelephant: :cartwheel: :lolb: :ROFL:
Thanks Mosey and I will see you and your wife at CF.

Hi Don,

Very impressive workshop layout and may I just ask about the casters under the mill.

I have the same 626 mill and will be moving into the new workshop extension later in the year and am wondering whether you have experienced any chatter when cutting or any other movements with the whole assembly on wheels, or have you secured them somehow.

Best regards,

Mike :noidea:
Mike I put the casters on the mill to be able to move it around. But I have Jack ups in between the caster to level it with and get it off the casters. I have some 2.5" x.75"  slices of cold roll tapped in the center to 1/2" and use an all thread Rod to push through the hole on the base of the mill. With the two nuts between the mill and pad I jack it up till level then lock it with the top nut. Hope that helps.

Don

Offline Camm-1

• Sweden
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 08:20:24 PM »
Thats how a workshop should look like :praise2: Maybe should ask what do you not have ;)
I hope to start building a new shop next year on ca 4x10 m when we have moved to the house we just bought.
Have to make a new kitchen first so She is happy, then I can build :cheers:
Ove

Online Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2015, 12:44:23 AM »
Beautiful shop Don!

I have been crazy busy and was out of town last weekend; still trying to catch up. I was going to comment when you originally posted the pictures. It would be nice to have a shop that I didn't have to share with the vehicles; and no, parking outside is not an option.

Dave

Offline Mark

• NW UK Just getting started with Model Engineering
    • My weather station wensite
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »
Hi Don

Very nice shop you have there well designed and equipped.
Thanks for showing us as it gives ideas for the future.

Regards

Mark

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal