Author Topic: Kudos to S + S Ignition systems!  (Read 2862 times)

Offline cheepo45

Kudos to S + S Ignition systems!
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:18:05 AM »
Hi Everyone,
I have been having a lot of trouble getting my newly completed Gade engine to start and run. I had a transistor ignition with a mini coil, but it just didn't put out much spark and it was very inconsistent. I ordered an S + S buzz coil CDI unit on Saturday. and it arrived on Monday! I wired it up and the engine started right up and ran perfectly. I am very happy! Now I can show a running engine at the Cabin Fever show.
Thanks for a great product and super fast shipping, S + S !
cheepo45

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Kudos to S + S Ignition systems!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 12:23:46 AM »
That is great Scott!!  The success stories with S+S modules seem to be growing by the day and Roy provides excellent service. Usual disclaimer...just another satisfied customer, etc. I will look forward to seeing this little beauty at CF.

Bill

Offline jschoenly

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 03:33:38 PM »
Looking forward to seeing it at the show!  I used one of Roy's modules on a crazy 1950 Japanese Trike/Motorcycle.  If anyone ever talked motorcycles with George Luhr's, he would usually bring out a picture of these crazy bike.  He thought he'd never see it run, so a few years ago I grabbed it from him, rebuilt the motor and 8 months later he was riding around in it at Rough and Tumble.  The ignition was a disaster so I talked to Roy and got a model airplane module and a nice coil we thought would work.  Timed it and the 636cc big single started on the first kick!  Always had nice hot spark since!
Jared
                                 Cabin Fever Expo
--- Model Engineering and Home Shop Hobbies in all Forms! ---

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 05:42:19 PM »
Although my ignition system from Roy is still in the box, I'm sure that it will be just as good as everyone says. I spoke to Roy when I ordered and asked him if there was anything I needed to watch.
I got a 10 minute explanation of everything from grounding to magnet placement.
That's great customer service.
Best,
Stan

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 06:00:56 PM »
Stan it worked for me right out of the box and continues to reliably even now. The little Briggs ran flawlessly off and on all day Saturday at the show. I am sure yours will also on the Farm Boy.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal