Author Topic: Cabin Fever 6 weeks out  (Read 42622 times)

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
Re: Cabin Fever 6 weeks out
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2015, 07:27:42 PM »
So ok, y'all have me waffling :facepalm2: Well the board has met,  and as long as two of you show an "interest " in purchasing our products and we can talk the White Rose into showing me their kitchen, I can call it a business trip and use the company jet. Now, y'all have me all worried since Bill said the bar wasn't well stocked. If I have to listen to Zee complain cause Lou ain't there and stay in a room with no butler or footman and have to endure shortages of alykhol, on top of waiting two hours to eat one of the best restaurant cooked meals I've ever enjoyed,  well, by God, is it worth it?  Vern, all I need is a case of good, really strong IPA, a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle, and no employee bitches or gripes  8) I'm about  5'8", but unless y'all just need to lay me down, I won't need any table space, since all I've worked on is the Cyclone. , I'll watch the table and provide security,  BTW, what are Pa. firearm laws? FYI, I don't use AP  rounds, I like the soft squishy ones with the hole in the middle  8) . Now y'all light into me  :lolb: :lolb: :lolb: :rant:

Rev. Cletus  T. Whiskey

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2015, 07:57:22 PM »
I count squares and hex as "usual suspects."
I've got full sets of those plus most round decimals. Hadn't ever seen number sizes (especially the whole set).
Best,
Stan

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2015, 08:05:21 PM »
Rev
My company "Close Enuf Machine Shop" is quite interested in a recurring order of whatever it is you sell. Some of that pulled pork would work.
As far as the bar's stock, I asked for an 18 year old Glenlivit, which I'm quite sure has never been consumed in York, PA. However, a new, NASCAR themed bar/restaurant has opened next to the Best Western. That should work for Thurs and Friday with a return engagement at the White Rose on Saturday.
I'm sure they'd be thrilled to give you a kitchen tour as a member of the fraternity.
Only thing I know about PA gun laws is you can carry firearms inside your car (i.e. Going to the range.)
On your person or concealed in the trunk, requires a concealed carry permit.

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:14:57 PM by sshire »
Best,
Stan

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2015, 08:16:42 PM »
Stan, if you remember the after dinner drinks they ran out of Kahlua as well to go with the Bailey's, but as noted a suitable substitute was found.  :DrinkPint:

Bill

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
That too. I'm bringing both and we can do after dinner drinks at Chez Best Western
Best,
Stan

Offline Mosey

• Rosemont, New Jersey, USA
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 09:59:26 PM »
requires a concealed carry permit.

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms
[/quote]I have one of those, for New Jersey!

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2015, 10:17:51 PM »
Please don't tell me the substitute was Jager meister  :lolb:. Stan do you do the to kill for espresso as well?  Funny story,  I was on one of my first jobs as a boiler inspector and the company sent me to Maine the week before Thanksgiving,  hmmmm wonder why they sent the new kid  :lolb:. I had gotten in the habit of mixing my coffee thermos really heavy with Bailey's.  Well one morning the project superintendent's coffee maker was on the blitz,  (read, his secretary didn't show up ) so, he raided my thermos without me knowing it. . I got a call on the radio to get to his office immediately.  I went by my shack to pour me some courage and my thermos was empty,  hmmmm,  just had one cup so far.  I  walked in his office and said "what's up boss" and he said, " Can you get Betty Lou to bring us some more of that coffee like was in your thermos, damn that stuff was good . Got a good performance rating when I got outta that winter wonderland the week before Christmas too  :Jester: :naughty:

Cletus T.

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2015, 10:27:11 PM »
Hey Earl th Pearl, thanks looks like I'm covered, since I'll be coming via private air I won't have to deal with TSA, oh wait,  did the boys on the hill get them funded   :lolb: :lolb: :lolb:. BTW you think Vinny and Tony ever read any of that crap, huh? :lolb: :lolb:

Rev. Clerks T. Whiskey

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2015, 12:03:17 AM »
In South Philly, my old friend,  "Antny" and his sister "T'resa"
Best,
Stan

toolznthings

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2015, 12:48:25 AM »
Be there Friday thru Sunday morning. Will be looking for MEM members.

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2015, 12:55:59 AM »
Just look for the big MEM banner
Best,
Stan

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2015, 01:03:47 AM »
Be there Friday thru Sunday morning. Will be looking for MEM members.

You'll find them. If I recall correctly, and if it hadn't been mentioned already...last year was a sign up sheet so MEM members who came by could see who's around. Great idea. I saw a couple names of members that I've seen/read on the forum but missed them somehow. Still...saw many others.

Oh yeah...maybe go ahead with the 'group picture time'. Set a time for whoever can meet and get a group shop. That was great last year too.

I think I'm most excited about this year than in the past.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline PStechPaul

• Cockeysville, MD 21030
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2015, 06:21:09 AM »
It might be helpful to put some pictures along with the names, and maybe make some name badges. I'm pretty lousy with remembering names (and faces), unless they are displayed on forum posts. So many of you might recognize my dog Muttley, or Whiskey's D.O.G. I hope to meet him this time - he seems like a pretty cool canine.

Here's a reasonably good picture of me (and Muttley) from 2008 (we haven't changed much):

Offline Mosey

• Rosemont, New Jersey, USA
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2015, 11:20:30 AM »
In South Philly, my old friend,  "Antny" and his sister "T'resa"
Sout filly, dats neya Tretn?
Thats St. Antny school.
Mosey

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »
You can also look back at last year's pics from CF 2014 (thanks Stan!) and see some of the usual suspects. Pay no attention to that picture of three guys in the bar though  :lolb:

The link to last years pics is: http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php?topic=3481.0

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal