Author Topic: New shop  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Jimsmodels

New shop
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:31:09 PM »
Hi
I haven't been on in a while. Last fall I decided to down size my shop. I am in the process of moving to a smaller place, so decided to build a shop around 1/2 of a two car garage. So I sold my bigger tools , like my Bridgeport Etc. Than it became time to shop around for some smaller tools,to replace the lathe and mill. I first found a Almost new Rockwell mill, and than a10k South bend lathe, and that is virtually brand new even though it is 30  years old! The lathe came with all kinds of accessories, like milling attachment, Collets, steady and follow rest, both three and four jaw chucks, Etc. I have purchased a DRO PRO read out for the mill, but haven't installed it yet. Anyway the new shop is starting to take shape, and I have already used it a little bit. I just made a main rod bearing for a 2HP. Sandwich gas engine for a friend
Here's a couple pictures of the new lathe and mill.

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
Re: New shop
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 12:27:15 AM »
You got a nice deal on that South bend it looks almost new and the Rockwell isn't bad either. Did it set you back much? Very nice set up Jim.

Don

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 12:56:14 AM »
Nice looking machines Jim and the shop as well. If I may ask a favor, when you post pictures, please resize them to 800 X 600 as these 3+ megabyte pictures take up server space and more importantly take forever for members with slower internet speeds to download. Since the forum software resizes them anyway for viewing without having to scroll around the screen, there is no advantage to the large file sizes. Many thanks!

Bil

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 12:42:19 PM »
Jim
Very sweet machines. When I was looking for a new lathe, every 10K or 10L I saw looked like they were scrapyard rejects. Yours is a beauty.
Best,
Stan

Offline jeff l

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 01:05:35 PM »
Nice shop , very good finds .I had a Rockwell mill for ten years now you will like using it .

Offline Jimsmodels

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 09:24:37 PM »
Don
I got a heck of a buy on the South bend $1500.00 The mill was little pricey. When I sold the other shop equipment, I took the Rockwell as part of the deal in a trade. They were asking $3500.00 for it.
B. Lindsey
Sorry about that! I know better, just wasn't thinking when I posted the pictures. Wont happen again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal