Author Topic: The Beeleigh Mill, Woolf compound engine.Maldon, Essex.  (Read 77592 times)

Offline steam guy willy

Re: The Beeleigh Mill, Woolf compound engine.Maldon, Essex.
« Reply #885 on: October 12, 2017, 12:49:35 PM »
Hi Pete thanks for that....there is a hole ,but thought it might be an oiling hole , we did try to move it with Mole grips but did not want to force it too much, will try again ....a right hand thread presumably ?   I think my next engine will be the Boulton/Bertinat triple expansion engine as i can get the castings locally from a club member ..about 27 castings in all complete with condenser !!

Offline deltatango

• Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #886 on: Today at 12:21:19 PM »
Yes definitely right hand in the ones I have here. Sorry about the slow response, I missed this reply for a while, "notify" hasn't worked for me for months.
DT

Offline steam guy willy

« Reply #887 on: Today at 03:38:51 PM »
Hi DT thanks for that and yes it has now been move the 2nd time in 70 years.......The Beeleigh engine is now being exhibited at the Lowestoft Model Engineers exhibition this W/E   LOWMEX  And after this i will be stripping it down again after readjusting the valves as it is being filmed by the Essex Film Group that is documenting the Restoration at the mill. They will be filming the engine running under steam and then i will be working on some of the parts for them to complete my part talking about and making this fine engine. I have now two new projects......A freelance Mill engine using the HP cylinder from a Stuart turner triple expansion engine  ! this will be made up as i go along !! And also i have the castings and drawing for the Boulton/Bertinat/Bailey triple expansion engine.....This is a quite large engine with 43 gunmetal castings....and 3 lots of opportunity to trip up with !!

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #888 on: Today at 04:03:20 PM »
Nice set of castings - keep the door locked or Jo might wander off with them...!  :Lol:

Hope we can get a view of the film when it is done, sounds very interesting. 

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #889 on: Today at 04:45:19 PM »
I don't have a set of those  :thinking:  I wonder if they are a bit big :headscratch:  Would I want to make one  :noidea:

It might be best if I borrow them to check   ;)

Jo
Usus est optimum magister