Author Topic: NAMES 2015  (Read 21350 times)

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
Re: NAMES 2015
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2015, 12:31:03 PM »
Thanks,Steve. We should gave a good showing.

KVOM
That's what I meant. Regardless, it's a beast. Don't miss seeing it, guys. I'd love to see Maury do it in ½ size.
Best,
Stan

Offline stevehuckss396

• Sterling Heights, MI USA
    • Steve's Miniature Sparkplugs
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2015, 01:30:43 AM »
So just the 3 tables then?

Anybody else want to get a spot with the Mem gang?
Do not be like the cat who wanted a fish but was afraid to get his paws wet.

Offline kvom

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2015, 01:28:14 PM »
Thanks,Steve. We should gave a good showing.

KVOM
That's what I meant. Regardless, it's a beast. Don't miss seeing it, guys. I'd love to see Maury do it in ½ size.

Unfortunately there are 14 castings in the set, 10 unique.  Likely too much work to make the patterns.  However if the base and slide frames (most difficult to fabricate) were available then the rest wouldn't be too hard.

Offline Jimsmodels

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2015, 05:08:10 PM »
Steve
Thanks for the offer, but I set up with some friends and we usually sit together, but I well be over to visit with you guys.
Jim G.

Offline Jadecy

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2015, 05:51:32 PM »
I will be a vendor this year. Last year I took a break and just enjoyed the show as a spectator. My partner (also named Doug) will be setting up on Friday and I hope to be up on Saturday. My day job made it impossible to go to CF and is going to make me a day late for NAMES. Instead of enjoying a show I was up until 2:30am last Friday deploying a major software release  >:( and instead of setting up at NAMES on Friday I will be releasing new software and hopefully heading up to MI for the show Saturday.  :)

I have a few new things to show and some things that are in the pipe line. Some already know but we now have the Quincy, Ball Hopper Monitor, and Aermotor. Still getting a few things trued up on those but hope to have kits available soon.

See you all there!,
-Doug Cvelbar   :)

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2015, 06:41:44 PM »
Doug
Glad you'll be there. I'll have my 2X RV1 running. Stop by the MEM area if you have time.
Best,
Stan

Offline Jadecy

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2015, 06:52:13 PM »
I will most definitely stop by the MEM area. Hopefully I will have a few minutes to walk around and say hi to everyone. I wish I could be two people for the shows.... well actually three. One could be the vendor, One could display models they built, and the other one could walk around and talk to people!  ;)

Offline PTsideshow

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2015, 09:52:20 PM »
Just to let you know that we are just about set and only have a few small things to finish up. And for any that be wondering the admission for those that are just looking is the same as last year. we will be ready for exhibitors as of Friday morning 8am. And there will be some room for the MEM crew Dave saved a number of tables since you are a group. if you don't need them then somebody else will use the space. See you on Friday.

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2015, 10:56:32 PM »
Looks like a 9-10 hour drive for me. Something to consider next year. Especially now that it's spaced out from CF. Or CF spaced out from NAMES.

Looking forward to the pictures.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2015, 01:14:45 AM »
Zee
10 hours for me. Just got in.
The Henry Ford tomorrow. Dinner with KVOM tomorrow night.
Pix will be coming
Best,
Stan

Offline Bobsmodels

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2015, 02:08:26 AM »
All

Saw your setup area.  I am with Jim G over on the other side, its about 7 hours for Gen and I.  Look forward
to seeing you.  I have not been posting on my Rider as I been going all out to get it done.  It is running just
needs final plumbing but basically done.

Let me know if anyone is getting together for fri or sat night.

See you Friday

Bob

Offline kvom

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2015, 01:13:20 PM »
Visited Henry Ford yesterday  along with Greenfield  village  to see the roundhouse.  It was opening day with free admission.  Lots of school groups  but they  weren't  too interested in steam engines .  I discovered  that the large red engine driving a generator also uses Joy valve system !

I'm  going to the DIA art museum today .

My engine will be at the Lone Star  table along with Maury's other  two models.  I should be over there for setup mid morning .

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2015, 03:51:49 PM »
You guys have fun and take lots of pictures...looking forward to seeing them all!  Stan, did you get the repairs done to the RE?

Bill

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2015, 04:25:33 PM »
I did. New pump rod to replace the bent one. I reseated the SS ball but I still have to do my "secret priming technique"
Best,
Stan

Offline cheepo45

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2015, 04:43:23 PM »
Thanks for the updates.
I'm glad everyone is having a good time.
Enjoy!
cheepo45

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal