Author Topic: Webster Engine Modified  (Read 7604 times)

Offline mjwmyford

Re: Webster Engine Modified
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 10:44:52 PM »
Ray,

If you look closely you will see that other than the base, side rails, cylinder and piston almost every part of the engine has been redesigned.  I've managed to get access to a laptop with Solidworks loaded so will be able to export the drawings I have as DXF's.  Will try to upload these in the next day or so.

A word of caution though - as I explained above the drawings are basic and some of the features (spark plug adapter) will need further explanation to make sense to you,

Mike

Offline ironman123

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 11:18:04 PM »
Thanks Mike.  Looking forward to seeing them.

Ray
Ray
Central Texas

Offline mjwmyford

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 09:11:17 PM »
Ray,

Attached are the preliminary drawings for the Overhead Valve Webster Engine in DXF format.  These should give you a good idea what changes have been made to Joe's original design.  Please let me know if you can read them and you find them useful.  As before let me know if you want anything explaining in more detail.

A couple of things to mention :

a) The spark plug position is correct in the cylinder head all that needs to be machined is to drill and tap to suit your particular spark plug ( I intended to use one with a 10mm thread but made a mess of the screw cutting, so I made an insert to suit a Rimfire spark plug.

b) The method of attaching the flywheel carrier to the crankshaft is shown on the drawing as a small key.  This turned out to be not man enough for the job so I recommend extending the crankshaft spindle and using a 5 degree taper with 1/4 UNF thread and nut to lock the flywheel carrier to the crankshaft.

Finally: The plans are offered in good faith and I accept no responsibility for missing or incorrect dimensions.  They are free for anyone to use for non commercial purposes.

Mike

Offline ironman123

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 11:53:50 PM »
Thanks Mike.  I will check it in a little while.

Ray
Ray
Central Texas

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal