Author Topic: snow!  (Read 32963 times)

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: snow!
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 11:35:29 AM »
That's as bad as it got this winter  ;D Hopefully we have seen the last of it.

Hope yours goes just as quick and doesn't cause any flooding  :hellno:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 11:41:59 AM »
Dave
Start shoveling. Only 2 months until CF.
Seriously, glad you guys are OK and hoping that you've reached your quota for the season.
Best,
Stan

Offline Mosey

• Rosemont, New Jersey, USA
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 12:32:01 PM »
Dave,
i sympathize with your weather problems, hope you get through will no real damage. spring will come,  I promise. we will be home tomorrow to dangerous icy conditions, then more snow. assuming the airlines fly.
Mosey

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 02:17:35 PM »
Storm forecasted for Thursday...They can't say if it's going to be a big one or a glancing blow..

Took some more pictures....Will post tonight......haven't seen snow like this in 35 years!.....

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 02:22:40 PM »
 :paranoia:

Stay warm, stay safe. Will be thinking about you  ;)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 07:28:00 PM »
All I can say is; "Bless yo heart". Dave, don't have a heart attack shoveling snow,  Jo, don't fret,  it's just a little extra nitrogen,  and Mosey  you can kiss all our end mills, Hell you may as well swim around with the turtles another few days :facepalm:  I want my shorts and flip flops  :lolb:

Cletus

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 07:30:56 PM »
Our part of the world has started to ease off now  :) We are getting +ve temps and blue skys in the day. The downside is that the snow melt freezes in the night and my walk to the bus stop in the morning can be exciting  ::)
Best regards

Roger

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 09:36:27 PM »
We drove the (thankfully air-conditioned) car down to the Long Beach marina early enough to get a table in the shade on the deck of the Yard House.  Had Bernaise burgers with a couple of pints of "Arrogant Bastard Ale" (seems perfect for me).

What's snow?
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Offline dsquire

• Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 10:56:23 PM »
Our part of the world has started to ease off now  :) We are getting +ve temps and blue skys in the day. The downside is that the snow melt freezes in the night and my walk to the bus stop in the morning can be exciting  ::)

(Rant on)
I can see some people making a spelling error sometimes. If they even bother to take the time to read the post they will see "rhe" which should have been "the", "stio" which should have been "stop". A quick read of the reply before sending would have caught this.

The part that caused this post is+ve temps. I learned all about Fahrenheit in public scbool and later had to rearn about celsius. This +ve temps is new to me. Maybe you could explain it for me.

(Rant off)

For me I get the snow as well we just live with it and enjoy it when in season. Just the same way that we enjoy fishing, camping, boating, baseball, football and many others.

Cheers  :cheers:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

fcheslop

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 11:10:55 PM »
MMMM my excuse is dyslexia.We all make mistakes and hopefull (rearn) from them
cheers :ThumbsUp:

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 11:35:44 PM »
Really.....come on Don....

The next snow is supposed to be light....which is good!    Meanwhile I saw one of these and I just HAVE to make one!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152569390321933&pnref=story

Dave
Damned ijjit!

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 11:40:54 PM »
    Meanwhile I saw one of these and I just HAVE to make one!

Don't use it on a shingled roof. 
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 11:44:17 PM »
I feel for you Dave. But to be honest...I'm bummed that it's missed us completely 3 times now. A good snow brings so many good memories (and the potential for a day off work).

Which brings me to...

As someone who spent the first seven years of my life in Germany I still can't see the thrill of snow.

I spent my wonder years in Germany and it's probably the biggest reason why I like a good snow. So much fun. Snow ball fights with the high schoolers in front of school. Far enough away the teachers couldn't stop us but close enough that they'd line up at the windows and be entertained. It wasn't unusual to see blood drops in the snow from a couple of good snowballs in the nose. Good hills to slide down just on boots. Good hills to sled down to see if you could reach the creek. Seems like it would snow in the fall and it wouldn't melt until spring.

The 'fights' of course were not limited to winter. Acorn fights in the fall. Mud clod fights in the spring. The last was probably not too smart...I know too well.

With the nuisance comes the good. Always look for the silver lining. Beautiful scenes. Nice memories. Good excuses for a warm drink. Helps the economy too. Besides the shovels, generators, salt, food...you need to stock up on liniment, bandages for blisters, booze, games, booze, you know the drill.

No...I'll always enjoy a good snow. And this winter so far has been a bummer. Which brings me back to the silver lining. Yes there is one. And I'm enjoying it now.  ;D

[EDIT]: Be safe my friends.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 11:47:32 PM »
Thanks Zee!   It's always a pleasure to have you pipe in on one of my threads.....wish I was building more cool stuff right now....but....is what it is.

Dave
Damned ijjit!

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2015, 11:50:04 PM »
    Meanwhile I saw one of these and I just HAVE to make one!

Don't use it on a shingled roof.

YES marv ....I thought of that!    If that shovel was on a pivot, I think it would work just as well pulling down as up....I was thinking a very light flat aluminum snow shovel and one or two of those roll up kids sleds....it would be light enough that I could put in on a long pole, and reach out on to the roof from one of my side roofs and not have to go up on the main roof...like 26' in the air...

Dave
Damned ijjit!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal