Author Topic: New Southern (US) Show  (Read 4273 times)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
New Southern (US) Show
« on: January 16, 2015, 02:00:42 AM »
Just a  quick  note. I just learned that one of the guys that always comes to our October Cotton Ginning Days show has organized a model engine show to be held on March 7, 2015 in Pendleton, SC (just below Greenville, SC). This is a new venture and will be a one day only show held in the local high school gym. Amenities and infrastructure will be minimal since it is a first time effort, but hopefully it will bring enough interest and be a learning experience for the organizers. It would really be nice to have a more local show just a couple of hours down the road from me that could grow into something bigger.

Anyway, for anyone in the area that might be interested, give me a shout and I'll provide more details.

Bill

Offline Larry

• Atlanta, GA
Re: New Southern (US) Show
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 04:36:17 AM »
Two of us from the Atlanta area will be there.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 11:48:01 AM »
Great Larry!  I'll look forward to meting you.

Bill

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:41:22 PM »
Just a reminder for anyone in the NC,SC, GA area...the 1st annual (hopefully) Pendleton Model Engineers Show will be held this coming Saturday 3/7/15 in Pendleton, SC. This is a first attempt by the organizers so don't expect CF or NAMES or NEMES. Bring your on table, chairs, small compressor, etc. as there is no infrastructure in place yet for the fledgling show, but  who knows, this could be the next southern Cabin Fever in a few years. I am including a .pdf of the show flyer below...exhibitor set-up is 6-9:00 am, show opens at 9am and closes at 4pm...this is just a one day event. This is your  chance to get in on the ground floor :)  Look for me...I will have the MEM logo proudly displayed on my table.

Bill

Offline Larry

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 05:00:08 AM »
Thanks for the flyer - had not seen that but did have the information. Heading out early Sat. morning. My friend from Jonesboro, GA will also meet us there. Looking forward to meeting you. I grew up in Catawba County near Hickory, NC.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 12:17:17 PM »
I will look forward to it Larry. I live about 30 miles south of Hickory just down US 321. I also get to the Atlanta area a few times a year since I grew up there and my parents and sister still live in the Atlanta area. Have a safe trip...see you in Pendleton.

Bill

Offline Beone

• Brandon Foundry
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 12:35:16 AM »
Let's get us Hickory area guys together!  I live in the SOFO area of hickory. You know, south of forty. :)
Dave
In the words of the Toolman: If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours.
Dave

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 12:41:27 AM »
You and I may be the only two Dave. Do you know of any others?

Bill

Offline Beone

• Brandon Foundry
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 04:17:22 PM »
There was a guy over toward newton who was starting a cnc a few years back. Never got together and haven't heard from hin since.
I meet with a few other guys Friday mornings at 9 for breakfast at Zippers. Why don't you join us?
Dave Brandon
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:43:36 PM by b.lindsey »
In the words of the Toolman: If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours.
Dave

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 05:41:37 PM »
I would, but unfortunately not retired yet. The show is going great BTW. Many more exhibitors than I figured, which is good news.

Bill

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 05:45:18 PM »
Dave , given things in the world today, I have removed your phone number from the post, for your protection.

Bill

Offline Tin Falcon

• Down Jersey USA
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 01:04:20 PM »
Bill how did the show go ? Unfortunatly I just saw this post yesterday so too late to do anything with the info.
TOO far away for me but I have a nephew that lives in Raleigh  and grew up in hickory.  He just got a lathe a few months ago. And is looking in to building engines. May have one built by now have not heard.
Tin

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 01:22:33 PM »
Tin, for a first time show it went very well. Mors exhibitors than I had imagines. It was just a one day event but still nice to get out on a pretty day and meet up with other modelers. I posted some pictures in a separate thread. It seems they will put on the show next year as well.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal