Author Topic: Time for a Change?  (Read 13251 times)

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
Time for a Change?
« on: November 18, 2014, 09:17:21 PM »
Hi Guys,
Sometimes with the best will in the world it's hard to stay focussed  ::)

With the Atomatics safely tucked away I've been attending to an outstanding 'yachty' matter this last week but I haven't really been able to get into any kind of rhythm. Tonight I had a visit from friend Ken who brought me a couple of bits of ali and, kind soul, some reading material which may just prove the antidote.

Given my current state of jadedness I think the contents may take my mind off matters for a while  :-\

Regards - Ramon
"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
Re: Time for a Change?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 11:57:04 PM »
Pretty Yacht!    Is it a model of a full size ship?.....With Gardens, I'm afraid, I leave that to Ms Steamer....she's far better at it than I.....with me...if it's green it gets mowed....that's about it..... 8)

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Maryak

• Rest In Peace
  • Aldinga Beach South Australia
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:57:14 AM »
Hi Ramon,

Beautiful Yacht Model........................Would it be a J class such as Velsheda?

Pride of place in the 2nd bedroom  ;D

Best Regards
Bob
Если вы у Тетушки были яйца, она была бы Дядюшкой

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 12:59:31 AM »
Wow...pretty hull Ramon!! Need more pics of that for sure. Dave, I hear you as to the green stuff...heck I can kill astroturf :)

Bill

Offline tel

• Bathurst District, NSW, Oz.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 08:35:40 AM »
Beautiful work, as always, Ramon.

Pretty Yacht!    Is it a model of a full size ship?.....With Gardens, I'm afraid, I leave that to Ms Steamer....she's far better at it than I.....with me...if it's green it gets mowed....that's about it..... 8)

Dave

Mowed? Ran outta sheep or something?
The older I get, the better I was.
Lacerta es reptiles quisnam mos non exsisto accuso nusquam

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 09:44:18 AM »
Sometimes with the best will in the world it's hard to stay focussed  ::)

:-X

Sometime the garden looks sooooo nice and I don't want to be in the workshop but on cold wet winter days the garden doesn't seem so inviting. But a packet of seeds is in many ways like a casting set: A promise of good things to look forward to in the future  :whoohoo:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 09:59:39 AM »
Beautiful work, as always, Ramon.

Dave

Mowed? Ran outta sheep or something?

Yup ...and don't have the horse anymore either!     :lolb:
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline tangler

• Christchurch, UK
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 10:07:44 AM »

But a packet of seeds is in many ways like a casting set ......

have you been watching Forrest Gump?   ;)

I share the sentiment though.  I feel a bit of woodwork coming on.

Cheers,

Rod

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »
Hi Guys - Here I was hoping you were going to focus more on the 'folders' than the yacht   ::) but yes the yacht is a J Class, Bob, and it is a beautiful moulding. I bought it two years ago and decided before getting to grips with the steam launch to try to progress it some. Having begun I can see it won't take that long to complete so have decided to see it through to 'ready to sail' before getting to grips with the launch.

No, the arrival of said folders which came out of the blue yesterday was a complete and, it has to be said, a very pleasant surprise  ;D

You may not have noticed that so far however - well not from this end - no mention has actually been made of gardening - now where on earth (oops) did you get that idea  ;D

No Sir - the garden is far from my thought as they contain no less than every(?) copy of 'Strictly I/C' No's 1 to 84  ;D  and will indeed no doubt have the potential to seriously affect current thinking ;)

They belonged to a good friend who passed away sometime ago and his family are only now dealing with his ME effects. They were given to me so obviously will be a much treasured addition to the workshop - one day, but hopefully not too soon I will pass them on in the same manner.

Forgive my attempt at a little bit of humour - I thought I might catch a few who just might think I actually was bound for the garden  ;)

Now - I have some serious reading to do  ;)

Regards - Ramon

PS Sue and I love your image of Valsheda Bob. That's a very dramatic shot indeed. Love how that flag is in the foreground and the slack rigging on the port side with the starboard drum taught as well as the helmsman standing at such an acute angle to the deck. Wonderfully evocative. :ThumbsUp:

Bill, I'll pop a couple of pics up of the finished yacht in due course.

"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 06:06:44 PM »
I feel a bit of woodwork coming on.

That is drastic Rod  :o but then again with the darker evening the castings have made way for a little something else :embarassed:

Jo

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 06:24:26 PM »

That is drastic Rod  :o but then again with the darker evening the castings have made way for a little something else :embarassed:

Jo

What you getting too tight to turn on the workshop lights now Jo?  :LittleDevil:

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 06:35:05 PM »
Nah Jo is not being tight

Solar panels don't work to well in the dark , don't think moon light counts  :stir:

Stuart
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 07:36:44 PM »
Oh dear,  thanks Ramon,  I thought you were serious.  However,  I was thinking,  "bet he'll do a damn fine job at gardening,  but, what the Hell  is he going to do all winter  :lolb: :lolb:".

Eric

PS: hoped you enjoyed the song

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 07:56:19 PM »
What you getting too tight to turn on the workshop lights now Jo?  :LittleDevil:

I find that if you come home from having had a hard stressful day at work  :-[ going out in the workshop only results in broken tools, making mistakes and ruined castings  :'(.

At those time it is better to pick up one of your other hobbies, in the summer for me it is pottering round the garden  :Love:.

Jo

Offline Graham Meek

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 09:10:04 PM »
Hi Ramon,

And there I was looking forward to you putting a version of Edgar T Wesbury's Seagull engine in the yacht. The yacht also brought memories of the little generating set described in the "Trustee from the Toolroom", is there going to be a nautical theme to the new engine? A Sealion perhaps?

Gardening is reserved for those sunny days when I need to soak up the rays to boost my Vitamin D level. Cold, damp, dank days are best reserved for the nice warm workshop, where it is quiet and peaceful, (I have also found I get fewer interruptions on days like that!)

My best regards
Gray,

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal