Author Topic: Mills Brothers 1.3 Diesel  (Read 11394 times)

Offline Allen Smithee

• Mordor, Middle Earth
Re: Mills Brothers 1.3 Diesel
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 02:50:29 PM »
In the mid 70s when I was a schoolkid I had Mills 1.3 which I grafted an Enya 09 throttle onto (the local model shop offered the carb for peanuts and no one told me it was sacrilege) with a sleeve I made in the school machine shop. It didn't do much - any setting other than fully shut had no effect on the power at all, and so it ended up as a 2-speed throttle system with the low speed set by the airbleed screw!

This was done as part of the process of converting my 2-year-old DH9a (Eric Coates plan) to take a single-channel RC set I had been given. It flew very nicely until I fitted a bigger fuel tank ('cos it was RC now, so needed a much longer engine run, obviously) and was enjoying it so much the rubber band on the escapement ran out of turns and it headed off south from Radio Hill at Chobham Common, climbing like a good'n. The model, the mills and the escapement are probably still somewhere between Longcross, Guildford and Woking (but probably no longer airborne)...

AS
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum sonatur

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 04:23:37 PM »
tedsmith,

As was noted earlier in this thread the plans should be available if you can find a copy of MEB issue #1. I would assume that these may still be under copyright and therefore the forum cannot condone copying or supplying them in any form of the site. Even if they are now in the public domain, we would prefer that members at least be active on the forum prior to asking for "freebies." MEM is a forum for the purpose of sharing ideas, and providing help with specific issues as needed, but it is not intended to be for the purpose of simply providing access to plans which are available through other sources.

Regards,
Bill

Online fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 08:14:47 PM »
I have bought some older copies from MEB during the last weeks. IT is USD 6 each for the PDF file and Toni has sent the files in on two hours after ordering via the MEB website. Great and quick service.
Kind Regards
Achim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal