Author Topic: Metric internal gear supplier  (Read 6155 times)

Offline petertha

Re: Metric internal gear supplier
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 06:50:13 AM »
Thanks JassonB. If I understand what you are showing, one can 'set' gear position with appropriate (paper thickness) gap by slightly tweaking the intermediate gear center position to suit? I think what dieselpilot is bringing up in the radial cam arrangement, there is no equivalent way to similarly 'offset' the idlers because its contained (confined) within internal gear... pitch circle tangent to pitch circle.... So pictorially instead of a slight (red triangle) its a single 'line'. Which therefore means a modification to tooth form? Hmm.. the plot thickens

I noticed in the one ring gear spec example an identified backlash amount.
http://qtcgears.com/KHK/newgears/KHK133.html

But I didn't see that specified in the Madler gear I require. Is there some sort of implied standard or ISO-type spec I could inquire about I wonder?
http://info.maedler.de/Article/22444000

Good points raised & new learnings to me. I just hope I land on an answer or solution!

Offline dieselpilot

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 06:58:56 PM »
I had to look around. It appears that the standard method for providing backlash is in tooth profile (JIS, ISO, etc.). It seems as though you have nothing to worry about as it should be built into the gears. If you were making gears you'd have to be sure to cut them accordingly. The KHK site calls out backlash for every gear. I worked at a place that custom made every gear they needed and they were always modifying profile to make their gear ratios fit and reduce undercut on small gears. Sorry to make you worry about nothing.

When the situation allows, doing like Jason suggests is certainly applicable.

Greg

Offline petertha

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 12:31:27 AM »
Thanks Greg. This is both good news and educational!

And just some additional info on the Madler front. The purchasing via amazon.com is pricey to NAm because of the business relationship. An order placed through amazon is basically just deflected & fulfilled through Germany behind the scenes. No stock or dealer physically resides in USA. So what I'm in the process of confirming is combined shipping of multiple-items from Madler direct to Canada, which they seem set up for & receptive to do by common couriers & e-payment methods. So that's good & hopefully all goes well.

Offline petertha

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 04:55:07 AM »
If you can't find another source I can contact Mädler and see if I can help.
Forgot to say thank you for your kind gesture Roger, much appreciated. If I run into insurmountable problems ordering direct, you'll get an email!  :cheers:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal