Author Topic: New Space  (Read 8187 times)

Arbalest

New Space
« on: September 15, 2014, 10:49:16 PM »
Here's my new workshop. It's taken a while to get this done since we moved but it's nearly ready now. I'll soon be able get my stuff out of storage and get some machines back together again!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:08:54 PM by Arbalest »

Offline dsquire

• Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: New Space
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 11:25:46 PM »

That is going to be a very nice shop. Looks like lots of natural light in the day time and plenty of strip lights for night time. All that along with the light colours will make it nice and bright. A lot of the lads are going to be wishing they had a shop as nice as this. (Myself included).

The time that ti took to build it was definitely worth while. Thanks for shareing with us.

Cheers  :cheers:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 11:35:59 PM »
Yep...I jealous for sure. Very nice digs there Arbalest!! Please keep us posted as the machines go in as well!! 

Bill

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 05:32:56 AM »
Hi Arbalest, as Bill already said, I am yellows too. Is the power installation still under construction ? I can see one electrical socket only.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 05:38:03 AM »
Very nice space Arbalest! Can't wait to see it filled with equipment! (and I'm betting you're pretty excited to see that too :)).
Kim

Offline smfr

• San Francisco Bay Area, California
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 06:29:59 AM »
Oooooh nice shop!  :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

Simon

Online Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 07:42:22 AM »
That's a good looking workshop  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp: I am eagerly await the fitting out pictures  :popcorn:  :DrinkPint:
Best regards

Roger

Arbalest

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 08:06:48 PM »
We went for a pre-stained finish in Blue-Grey which is very nice and saved us the job of rushing to get it painted outside. We both like the colour so we'll be going over it in a clear finish when I get a minute. It did however make the inside very dark so I decided to give it three costs of "Ash White" on the walls and ceiling to brighten things up. I also added a layer of plywood on the floor and painted it grey but it was a bit dark so I went over it again in light green floor paint. I've put in some more double sockets today making a total of five which I think should be ok. The electricians will be wiring everything up within the next week or so. Floor area is a little under 5 metres by 3 metres which I'm hoping will be enough, the garden couldn't really handle anything bigger, nor could the budget!  :)

Online Twizseven

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 10:37:18 PM »
Looks a great space, nice and light.

I have just checked and I have 12 doubles spread around in my workshop.  One small bench has 6 doubles, four at one end and two at the other. Plus several machines are permanently wired in to single or three phase supply.  I still run out of sockets sometimes, they are not always where you want them.  The bigger bench only has two doubles and I really need to put a couple more in.  I would put three or four doubles across the back of a workbench so as not to have cables stretched across equipment.

Perhaps as my wife says, I should get rid of some equipment. Perhaps three lathes is too many??

Have fun filling the space up.

Colin

Offline Allen Smithee

• Mordor, Middle Earth
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 11:36:35 PM »
Perhaps as my wife says, I should get rid of some equipment. Perhaps three lathes is too many??

BURN THE BLASPHEMER!!!

:Lol:

AS
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum sonatur

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 12:26:00 AM »
Bet you have been anxiously awaiting to get in there with you equipment. Very nice setup and looks to be accomadating.

Don

Arbalest

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 10:29:48 PM »
I've been very patient Don, things will start to get more exciting though when my machines come back at the end of the month! Added some guttering yesterday and the builder is due next week to reinstate the path and patio. Added a picture of the outside to the OP.

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 11:10:48 PM »
Wonderful space although I suspect it will look much smaller with the machines. Can't wait to see it kitted out.
Best,
Stan

Arbalest

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 04:09:52 PM »
Updated OP with provisional layout.  :naughty:

Arbalest

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 03:02:08 PM »
Next question. I used to use a fan heater in the old workshops (garages) in winter but now thinking maybe I should get an oil filled radiator and leave it on the "frost" setting to keep rust at bay. Or, would I be better off using the fan heater as required and buy a small dehumidifier instead?  :???: Don't want to spend more than necessary on running costs!  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal