Author Topic: Workshop  (Read 3193 times)

Offline markyd

Workshop
« on: August 07, 2014, 08:27:47 PM »
Hi.
  As I've just joined thought I would post some pics of the workshop. It's small but adequate for my needs. I'm not really into building steam engines as yet. I got hooked on stirling engines when a friend bought me a coffee cup one to build from machined parts and I was into glow fuel remote controlled cars. So It's stirling engines and I.C engines for me. Workshop is 8ft by 4ft. Cheap to heat don't have to walk far for anything.
  First pic is taken from my x2 mill towards lathe.

This is my Atlas 10f. Very nice lathe. The bearings are dated 1946 so it's nearly 70 yrs old and still going. I did put a vfd with 3 phase motor and remote for speed and fwd/rev.

This view is from my lathe to the x2 mill. It's been stiffened with 10mm plate but me being me went a litle bit too far I think. I really didnt't want to drill into the cast iron base.

I try to make all my own tooling. Some times it works some times I have lots of scrap.
In the last pic I am just finishing some new tool holders for my QCTP and just to the right of my rotary table is a little tilting table I made.

Hope you enjoy.

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
Re: Workshop
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 02:46:28 AM »
Nice Shop, markyd!

I like the idea of making your own tools.  I know several members do a lot of that too.  I may do a little more of that going forward.

Thanks for sharing!
Kim

Offline Jack B

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 03:23:13 AM »
Hi nice shop and nice pictures. I will be watching for your work.        Jack B
Jack B

Arbalest

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 11:55:53 AM »
Nice shop and nice looking Lathe as well. In the past I seem to have spent more time making tooling than making things with it!  :Lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal