Author Topic: New Workshop  (Read 14352 times)

Offline ths

• Kangaroo Valley, NSW, Australia
Re: New Workshop
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 05:20:40 AM »
Lots of light in there, it must be a very pleasant place to get stuff done. Cheers, Hugh.

Offline derekwarner

• Wollongong ...... Australia
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 06:07:02 AM »
Well Robert.... I too noticed the Shelby Cobra........we also saw her in earlier snaps from the far northern previous workshop [possibly in your boiler build thread]......but who noticed the 25th Edition  :happyreader: of the Machinery Handbook in the new shop?.......I am also envious of the new workshop :cheers:.... Derek
Derek L Warner - Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op - Australia
www.ils.org.au

Offline Robert Hornby

• Terrigal NSW Australia
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2014, 04:53:42 AM »
Thanks guys for your kind compliments on the new workshop. Before continuing on the models I am making/fixing/doing small jobs in the shop that I have been meaning to do for a long time, e.g. extend the valve lever on the compressor so it is easier to turn.
Eric the Cobra is not really a real one just a scale model (12" to the foot) I knocked up a few years ago. It has a Windsor 302 EFI motor with a BW 5 speed box, suspension from a XJ6 jag. (narrowed by 6") there are some photos of it on my Intro page (page 14 - don't know how to add the link)
Robert
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Offline Doc

• USA ND
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2014, 06:50:59 AM »
That shop is WAAY TO CLEAN  ;) hahaha\\

Nice shop !!  Now get out there and make a mess (or am I the only one that has a mess)  ;D

Offline Robert Hornby

• Terrigal NSW Australia
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 10:42:48 PM »
The workshop is very close to full operational condition, but as I promised myself I would not continue with the models until after the New Year I am still finding small things to do/make to make it user friendly. One of the things I have been meaning to do for many years is to sort out and organize my small diameter bar stock. It has just been laying in the lathe tray looking untidy and really needed some attention.

I suddenly had a few short lengths of PVC pipe in 25mm. 38mm and 60mm and in a moment of sudden awareness had the answer to the problem. A bonus was that I could actually make some swarf (but only PVC) whilst making the improvement. :cartwheel: I fitted a sleeve over the pipe to prevent damage from the steady ( I had some old PVC elbows which came in handy)

I tapped the plugs 1/4" BSW and screwed them to the angle iron.

Lengths were cut and plugs made, A length of 3” x  3”  angle iron was brought into service for the support bracket (there would be a fair amount of weight to bear) and in no time at all a new addition to the shop was complete (the labels might just be a little over the top – but I got a bit carried away) :naughty: My wife thinks I've got CDO which is a form of OCD with the letters arranged alphabetically  :lolb:

Robert
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:34:39 AM by Robert Hornby »
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2014, 04:41:25 AM »
Hi Robert
 Nice storage, & thanks for another round to it!  :lolb: timely as I'm S5ing the shop!

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal