Author Topic: Carrying on with Lady Stephanie  (Read 3329 times)

Online geoff5269

Carrying on with Lady Stephanie
« on: July 01, 2014, 08:06:15 PM »
Hi
About 2 years ago I attempted to build the Lady Stephanie beam engine from plans by Tubal Kane as it looked a wonderful engine, but I was not prepared for the time it would take and the complexity so I finished what I felt happy with at the time but, it was a complete runner but there were many parts left off including the pumps. I did manage to paint it to a good finish so I was wary of touching it again. But of coarse you know you should have completed it so now I have taken the plunge and dismantled it to do the rest off the work. What scares me is the fact that the pump cylinder is below the main cylinder and the connecting rod is one piece for both cylinders, how can they all be perfectly aligned and  water tight with not to much friction. Any way I've bought the castings and made a start, here are some pics
Geoff

Offline tel

• Bathurst District, NSW, Oz.
Re: Carrying on with Lady Stephanie
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:23:57 PM »
You'll get there Geoff - some sort of temporary ling up piece might be in order.
The older I get, the better I was.
Lacerta es reptiles quisnam mos non exsisto accuso nusquam

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
Re: Carrying on with Lady Stephanie
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 12:13:48 AM »
Geoff that is one beautiful looking engine and you have done it justice. I am sure you will get the pump to with no problem.

Don

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal