Author Topic: fitment of VFD to Warco GH1322  (Read 12128 times)

Arbalest

Re: fitment of VFD to Warco GH1322
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 10:51:38 AM »
Do you have a wiring diagram John?
Dave

Wouldn't help me, I didn't understand anything of paragraph three.  :???:  :Lol:

Offline John S

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 11:05:04 AM »
Dave, didn't use a diagram as all three machines which were done over a period of time had different inverters fitted so the wiring was different.
Basically it means tracing where the power goes in for the interlocks and where it finishes that disconnect these and fit to 0v on the inverter one end and to the common of the stop start switch at the other end.
Then start on the switch goes to start on the inverter and stop does the same.

Only problem with explaining this further is that different inverters have different terminal markings.

[EDit ] actually looking back in Minerva's post #10 he has done exactly as I have described but has added extra switches to control the pendant, quite what that does that the stop start switches don't do is something I don't follow.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:09:41 AM by John S »
John Stevenson, Nottingham , England

Offline minerva

• Grantham UK.
    • minervas miscellany
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 12:48:22 PM »
John,
I am glad you re-read my earlier post and acknowledge I have done exactly as you advocate.Shame you couldn't find the time to read the rest of it.

Two points firstly the article as presented was specifically posted as an inverter fit to the Warco GH1322 lathe, not a generic solution to universal inverter fit.
The 1322 does not have a "normal stop start switch on the apron" or anywhere else for that matter and furthermore the control lever switching in its supplied form cannot be employed as part of the interrupt chain hence my solution to the problem. A practical means of solving an actual problem.

All that was required was to break the interlock circuit away from the 24v transformer and link it to the logic voltage on the inverter.

Not counting motor change if needed from single to 3 phase and a length of new cable from inverter to motor, it usually takes less than an hour."

This quotation from John is without a circuit diagram  almost useless and I await along with Dave for its inclusion.

Arbalest,
Sorry I have gone over your head but I really did try to K.I.S.
The fit as posted works really well. but I bow to the vast experience of our so called Senior members and will remove  the post in total if it is found to be confusing.
Regards,
Terry T

Arbalest

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 01:39:35 PM »
When it comes to electrics lots goes over my head Terry so don't worry about that!

I'm sure your write up is going to be a useful reference for others.  :ThumbsUp:

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2014, 01:45:24 PM »
All,

We are a very inclusive forum.   We like it like that here.

Many other forums out there are not,

We show tolerance and respect with our behavior to one another. 

Now I find this thread very interesting and informative. :ThumbsUp:

On that note, lets keep it interesting and informative.   Let's show tolerance and respect.     8) 

Nuf said.

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 02:01:48 PM »
Terry I thought you did an excellent job on this and no I would not remove it. There are some who will fine it useful. It is sad that we can not satisfy every one but like any thing else a few some times is better then none. Thank you for thanking the time to document this for those who will benefit for your efforts. As a Tech and Electrician I can appreciate your efforts.

Regards Don

Offline John S

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 02:36:15 PM »
John,
I am glad you re-read my earlier post and acknowledge I have done exactly as you advocate.Shame you couldn't find the time to read the rest of it.

Two points firstly the article as presented was specifically posted as an inverter fit to the Warco GH1322 lathe, not a generic solution to universal inverter fit.
The 1322 does not have a "normal stop start switch on the apron" or anywhere else for that matter and furthermore the control lever switching in its supplied form cannot be employed as part of the interrupt chain hence my solution to the problem. A practical means of solving an actual problem.

Sorry no disrespect offered here just that  I have done 3 by using all the existing switch gear.

The ones I have done have a normal stop start switch on the apron just as the one shown in the first picture so I'm at a loss to understand the statement [ The 1322 does not have a "normal stop start switch on the apron" ] What is that lever then on the apron, right hand side. ?

I can't offer a wiring diagram as I mentioned before all these lathes are different.
With the exception of fitting the pot to the front all the wiring was carried out inside the electrical box and consisted of disconnecting some wires and rerouting them to the inverter.
John Stevenson, Nottingham , England

Offline Mr Moo

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 07:20:59 PM »
Bookmarked, so i can find it again.
Thanks to the OP for posting his findings.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal