Author Topic: Fabrickator's Space  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Fabrickator

Fabrickator's Space
« on: May 06, 2014, 05:23:45 PM »
My shop currently resides in 1/3 of a 2-car garage.  Most everything is mobile (except my lathes).  I have to store some of my equipment on my wife's side, the laundromat.  Can't wait to retire in a couple of years and move somewhere with a large, dedicated shop!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:34:03 PM by Fabrickator »
You can walk with a wooden leg, but you can't see with a glass eye.  Always wear eye protection!

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Fabrickator's Space
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 05:49:52 PM »
I feel your pain Rick, much the same situation here as to lack of space, but like you I hope to retire in a few years and build a shed out back dedicated to hobby work alone :) Even with limited space it looks like you have what you need to keep making chips though!!

Bill

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 06:45:36 PM »
I also work in a very small space, bit it looks like you are well kitted out. As ever the most important thing is to enjoy making models  :)
Best regards

Roger

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 08:46:12 PM »
I'll try to kill a few birds with one shot here, Rick. Welcome aboard for one, from Top Fuel (God I love that smell and chest concussion) to wood and models, you must be a true craftsman. If I may, one word that both you and Bill mentioned was "dedicated" shop space. I think that's the key. My shop is 4900sq. ft. Of which only 300+ is what I use for machining and modeling. Now, that I'm beginning to think about retirement, the expense sure is gonna eat into my "fun" money. Some of the nicest shops I've seen reminded me of a well laid out cockpit. As Steamer would say, "I'm just say'in" Again welcome aboard, maybe you can get Hucks fired up on the blower project again.

whiskey

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 11:42:08 PM »
Welcome Rick!  Nice looking Shop!

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 12:22:17 AM »
Nice shop Rick and from the looks of it ready to start model making.

Don

Offline Fabrickator

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 04:34:22 PM »
Thanks guys, and I look forward to making some of the fun projects that I see around here in the future.
You can walk with a wooden leg, but you can't see with a glass eye.  Always wear eye protection!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal