Author Topic: 3M PolyFlex belts  (Read 9995 times)

Offline Dan Rowe

• Dripping Springs TX USA
Re: 3M PolyFlex belts
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 04:37:31 PM »
George,
Here is another site for Gates 3M belts with a 3mm top width. It looks like the number after 3M is the length of the belt in millimeters.
http://www.royalsupply.com/store/pc/3M-Polyflex-Belts-c1133.htm

Dan
ShaylocoDan

Offline cfellows

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 05:11:40 PM »
Dan, those prices look a little better.  Kind of depends on shipping, too.

George, did you go to this link?

http://www.vbeltsupply.com/ecommerce/3m375-gates-polyflex.html

This takes me directly to the 1/8" wide belts...

Chuck
So many projects, so little time...

Offline cfellows

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 05:19:11 PM »
George, this appears to be a better link...

http://www.vbeltsupply.com/ecommerce/gates/polyflex

The 3M prefix is the belt width in millimeters and the last three numbers are the belt's outside circumference in millimeters.

Chuck

Offline wagnmkr

• Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 05:38:37 PM »
Excellent prices on the belts ... unfortunately, the shipping to Canada is 3 times what the belt cost. I hate it when that happens.

Cheers,

Tom
I was cut out to be rich ... but ... I was sewn up all wrong!

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 03:18:18 AM »
I tried to order a belt for my Taig spindle from Vbeltsupply last fall. They wanted 15 dollars to ship an 8 dollar belt.  I don't think so!!!

They lost that sale.

Gary
Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

Offline cfellows

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 05:53:17 AM »
I tried to order a belt for my Taig spindle from Vbeltsupply last fall. They wanted 15 dollars to ship an 8 dollar belt.  I don't think so!!!

They lost that sale.

Gary

I think a lot of these companies sometimes get hung up on using just one shipper or one process so a lot of the prices are pretty high.  I've seen companies try to charge $10 - $15 to ship something that could be put in a padded envelope with a stamp for under a buck, but they just won't do it!  I get aggravated with Speedy Metals because they seem to charge a minimum of $15 - $18, even if the piece is small enough to put in a USPS Flat Rate box for under $6.00.  I would think a little more creativity in shipping could net them a lot more business!

Chuck

Offline PStechPaul

• Cockeysville, MD 21030
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 06:55:47 AM »
That's one reason I chose the supplier I did. He is sort of local (Martinsburg, WV), and charged $4 for USPS priority mail for both of the belts I purchased, and they arrived just two days after I placed my order. I was very pleased, but he doesn't seem to carry a wide range of other products I might need:
http://stores.ebay.com/bemrinc?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

I bought over $100 of various size and type of metal from exact metals, enticed by the offer of free shipping once I reached that threshold. It was all packed tightly in a USPS large flat rate box, but it took a couple days mare than "promised" to arrive. Understandable, coming from California, but a little disappointing.

It seems that eBay has a "Fast and Free" shipping option that many sellers take advantage of. I don't know just how it works, but it makes lots of things very affordable bargains whereas normal shipping costs would make me disinterested. Most sellers will combine shipments to lower costs. And I have been very pleasantly surprised by the low shipping costs from McMaster, where sometimes I have received perhaps three separate packages with large and odd-shaped items like 4 foot rods and 2' x 4' sheets, all nicely packaged, and only like $6 for the lot.

Offline Dan Rowe

• Dripping Springs TX USA
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 05:07:15 PM »
For 3M Polyflex belts here is the pulley dimensions see page 99 of this ,pdf.
http://www.gates.com/~/media/Files/Gates/Industrial/Power%20Transmission/Manuals/PT_GatesLPPdesignManual_2005.pdf

There is a 2/3M and a 3/3M version of the belt for 2 and 3 row belts for miniature heavy machinery.

This is the same answer I just gave Stan on the other thread, I just wanted it here also for future reference.

Dan
ShaylocoDan

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 05:49:34 PM »
George
Is 3 mm close enough? If so, the 3Mxxx
(Xxx is the belt length )
Best,
Stan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal