Author Topic: Basement Shop  (Read 8362 times)

Offline bronson

Basement Shop
« on: April 19, 2014, 06:49:55 PM »
Hi i just posted an introduction and said i would post a few pictures of my shop the way it is now. It is a mess right now because i was looking for a mill and bought a whole hobby shop. So i have picked up the tooling but i have to wait till the ground dries up to get all the new to me machines.

Offline bronson

Re: Basement Shop
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 06:55:34 PM »
Here is some pics of the machinery that i bought.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 07:02:43 PM »
 :o It looks like you have acquired some very desirable items.

I hope you have space for both lathes as they have different uses 8) and one cannot have too many lathes  ;)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline bronson

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 07:04:32 PM »
The tooling that i got was three chucks for the craftex lathe. Vise, hardinge dividing head and spindex,bridgeport boring head for the mill and complete hold down kit and 100 plus 5 c collets for the spindex. 200 plus mt1 mt2 mt3 drill bits. Endmills,reamers,t slot cutters 40 to 50 indexable boring bars and holders. Enough inserts for a life time. Carbide blazed lathe bits. R8 collets and arbors. mt3 tap holder kit. The elgin lathe came with roughly 800 lbs of tooling. There is stuff that i got that i don't even know what it is. Bronson

Offline bronson

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 07:13:20 PM »
Jo i might be able to keep 2 lathes but not 3 so one will have to go. I have seen pics of your shop and it is awesome. :NotWorthy:  I would have a hard time going to work if i had a shop like that at home. You do some great work in your shop to. I have been following your latest build. Bronson

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 07:13:36 PM »
Very nice shop and equipment. You seem well kitted out. I am envious.

I do worry a little about all the flammables. I don't know what kind of basement you have (like a walk-out maybe) but perhaps the lesser used stuff can go someplace more safe?
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline bronson

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 07:16:47 PM »
Zeeprogrammer. The last 4 pics of the machines where at the old owners house i haven't picked them up yet but thanks for showing concern Bronson.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 07:36:17 PM »
I am concerned here I think you are very short of space. I could help out  ;) That hardinge dividing head I am not sure if it is suitable for what you might want to make so really I should test it for you :mischief:

(Keep the Eglin  ;))

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline bronson

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 08:13:38 PM »
Jo i think i will keep the dividing head. The post to England would cost more then its worth. I do get out that way from time to time. The dividing head i just started to clean up. It has the tail stock and a 5' 3 jaw chuck and only 1 plate 20 19 18 17 and one more set of holes i cant remember right now. I would like the 5c draw bar and more plates if anyone has any of this stuff and would like to sell it. I do have a question is that backing plate that is on it a screw on if so its tight.

Offline bronson

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 03:08:27 PM »
So i still don't have my new toys yet the ground still isn't dry enough to pick them up but i did start to clean up so of the tooling that i pickup. so here are a few pics of the tooling and the used box i picked up.

Offline sasquatch

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 11:28:37 PM »
 Wow Bronson, great purchase!! The retail value of all that tooling has to be quite high!!
 You have some great pics, interested in seeing this when you get it all set up.

Great find!!

Offline bronson

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 02:47:34 AM »
A bit of an update i finally got all my machines home and got the mill to the basement just have to wire it up pics to come..

Offline HobbyNut

• Surrey BC
    • What I do
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 04:47:32 AM »
WOW, a lot of nice useable equipment you got there. Was this from 1 source?. Looks like a small machine shop or used machinery depot that sold everything. The quantity of QC tool holders alone is awe inspiring.
PatO
I started out with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Offline Coopertje

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 09:16:17 AM »
Nice collection of tools your got yourself there! Think you have enough turning tools for the rest of your live  :o

Wish you a lot of fun with them, but I believe sorting them out, cleaning and organizing is already big fun!

Jeroen

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 10:08:12 AM »
Nice looking Model B SB and I love Elgins!.....they are usually decked out with "Butterfly frosting"....It's a decorative scraped finish that almost looks like engine turning.

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline bronson

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 01:35:09 AM »
Thanks for the comments. Hobbynut the southbend and the tool holders i already had i just picked up a craftex mill, lathe, and saw plus a drill press vert band saw and an tool and cutter grinder have yet to get the elgin. All these tools came from a guy that had pasted away a year ago and i went there to look at the mill and made an offer on the lot and his wife was happy to see one person buy it all. So i got the mill into the basement and all put back together, put together all the tooling for the mill and a angle plate that the son threw in at the last second. Now starting on the lathe clean up and i will take it apart and carry it down stairs the bed will be heavy it is a 12x36. Bronson

Offline bronson

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 02:14:33 AM »
Here are some pics of the lathe, vertical saw and the tool cutter grinder.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal