Author Topic: New Member,  (Read 4262 times)

Offline Nicolas

Re: New Member,
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 07:23:36 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Edmund :hi:

I just watched a few of your videos, although I don't have a Taig lathe I still found your modifications great :)

I think you could just post the photos in this thread to start off with.

Nicolas

Offline holmes_ca

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 07:31:55 AM »
:hi: Edmund,

A Sealion  8) Some of the castings for one of those followed me home yesterday  ;D

Jo

Hello Jo,
     the Sealion castings I presume some are partly machined?, or hopefully not, my one is about 90% complete but also 30 years at least old, its been a long symphony, I have quite a few little jigs like the camshaft jig for machining in the lathe, I would post a few pictures of progress if I knew what group to post to,

........Edmund.......
Edmund........Alberta

Offline Nicolas

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 07:47:36 AM »
:hi: Edmund,

A Sealion  8) Some of the castings for one of those followed me home yesterday  ;D

Jo

Hello Jo,
     the Sealion castings I presume some are partly machined?, or hopefully not, my one is about 90% complete but also 30 years at least old, its been a long symphony, I have quite a few little jigs like the camshaft jig for machining in the lathe, I would post a few pictures of progress if I knew what group to post to,

........Edmund.......

If the engine you are building is from plans you can post your progress here: http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php?board=39.0
If the engine is your own design you can post your progress here: http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php?board=41.0
If the engine is from castings you can post your progress here: http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php?board=40.0

Hope this helps, I looking forward to seeing some photos :)

Nicolas

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 10:06:49 AM »
What Nicholas said!

Edmund, if you want you can PM me and we can go through how to do what you want to do and get you started.    Easy Peasy!

Send me a PM ( Private Message) just by clicking on my avatar...A little dialog box will pop up and you will see and option called "Send a Personal message to this member"  click on it and just type away.

Glad to help!

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline tel

• Bathurst District, NSW, Oz.
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 10:18:28 AM »
Welcome Edmund ! :ThumbsUp:
The older I get, the better I was.
Lacerta es reptiles quisnam mos non exsisto accuso nusquam

Offline peatoluser

• liverpool UK
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 10:33:52 AM »
Welcome Edmund from another Taig user (although this side of the pond they're marketed as Peatol).
I know what you mean about the limitations of the tailstock.
I particulary like your modification. I'm afraid mine was more utilitarian in nature. I turned it round and bolted a block to what was now the back and fitted a longer handle. I also made a longer spindle. so much easier to use now. they're great little lathes.

yours

Peter

Offline ths

• Kangaroo Valley, NSW, Australia
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 09:53:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum Edmund. Cheers, Hugh.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal