Author Topic: Fixing a Wonky Crankshaft  (Read 5679 times)

Offline philjoe5

Re: Fixing a Wonky Crankshaft
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 06:15:29 PM »
Nice fix Brian.  Now you've got me motivated to pull out a few of my model engines with "black eyes" and apply the fix up makeup.

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 06:23:58 PM »
Phil--I'm curious. Did you ever get the hit and miss mechanism hooked up and working on that last engine you built?---Brian

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »
And here we have it. The perfect end to a story. The engine runs well, the crankshaft no longer wobbles. I can end this post on a positive note, and put the engine up on a shelf with its many brothers and sisters. Now, if ever I'm called on to demonstrate the engine to anyone, I don't have to explain to anyone "Why that aluminum part on the front there jumps around so much"!!!

Offline philjoe5

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 03:00:28 AM »
Phil--I'm curious. Did you ever get the hit and miss mechanism hooked up

Brian,
A fair question.  Rather than hijack this thread I'll soon update the "Bonzer Bonzer" thread.  It's a looooong story

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline cfellows

• Rest In Peace
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 06:26:23 AM »
Boy that sure does run nice.  And it looks much better without the wobbly pulley.  I'm a real fanatic about getting flywheels and pulleys to run true. 

Chuck
So many projects, so little time...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal