Author Topic: NAMES Show  (Read 21467 times)

Offline gldavison

• Tarkio, Mo.
Re: NAMES Show
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2014, 02:07:44 AM »
750 miles one way for me. Drive it in one day. Have only missed one year since 2001.

Gary
Gary
Windows 10 & 11, Alibre Design Pro V27, IntelliCADPro6, CamBam, Mach4, 3D Printers, Cetus, Anet ET5 X
15" South Bend, 10" Logan lathe, Grizzly square column mill, CNC router & Hot wire cutter. Lagun FTV-1 knee mill, Sherline mill & lathe

Offline dieselpilot

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2014, 02:55:42 PM »
Wyandotte is 5 minutes from Detroit.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 02:27:50 PM »
Guessing that those of you who will be at the NAMES show are in the process of packing and getting your engines ready for the show.  I hope you have as much fun as we all did at CF and will take lots of pictures both of our members and their engines as well as other interesting things at the show!!  Safe travels to everyone, and we'll look forward to hearing from you soon. Have a GREAT weekend!!

Bill

Offline stevehuckss396

• Sterling Heights, MI USA
    • Steve's Miniature Sparkplugs
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 11:37:40 PM »
Guessing that those of you who will be at the NAMES show are in the process of packing and getting your engines ready for the show.  I hope you have as much fun as we all did at CF and will take lots of pictures both of our members and their engines as well as other interesting things at the show!!  Safe travels to everyone, and we'll look forward to hearing from you soon. Have a GREAT weekend!!

Bill

Wish you were right. I am working long days so i will find out if my engines work about noon friday.

I will try to wear out the camera and get a few hundred pictures.
Do not be like the cat who wanted a fish but was afraid to get his paws wet.

Online Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2014, 01:06:23 AM »
Looking forward to the pictures Steve.

Thanks,

Dave

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2014, 01:34:27 AM »
You know what they say about "all work and no play" Steve. Hope you get to have a very playful weekend.

Bill

Offline stevehuckss396

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
Woke up at 5am and just can't sleep. Plan on packing up and heading down about 11 so I should roll in about noon.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »
So we should start expecting the first pictures around 12:05 then right Steve?  :whoohoo:  Hope all you guys have a great time this weekend!!

Bill

Offline stevehuckss396

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2014, 12:10:31 PM »
So we should start expecting the first pictures around 12:05 then right Steve?

Good one!

I will be down until about 4. Most likely go out to dinner with some of my Ohio friends. and be home about 6. Might have a link posted by 7:30ish. I'll try!

Offline RonGinger

• Boothbay Maine USA
    • Pleasant Cove Models
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2014, 12:30:05 PM »
I arrived in Wyandotte about 2:00 Thursday afternoon, 892 miles door to door. I am at the Red Roof now, will be headed over to the arena by 9 or so. The setup looks great, lots of tables waiting for displays. Some great seminars this year- Paul Hammler, Jerry Keifer and a couple others. I will not be doing a seminar this year, but I have Mach4 on my laptop and will be happy to demo it.

Offline stevehuckss396

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2014, 11:46:58 PM »

http://s770.photobucket.com/user/stevehuckss396/library/NAMES2014

The above link is a photobucket album with pix from setup day at the NAMES show. Almost everything is self explanitory except this one. Guess what it is.

Tire pressure gage for Jerry Kieffer's 1/8 HD motorcycle. He puffed it with a small piece of tube and the stem popped out like a real one with graduation marks that are not visible with the naked eye. That man is not human.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2014, 12:35:04 AM »
Lots of beautiful models there Steve. The pressure gage is amazing too!!  Of course we will recognize George's work and Lee Hodson's radial display but there is lots of other drool-worthy work there as well and probably more to come tomorrow. Thanks so much for taking these and sharing them!!

Bill

Offline dsquire

• Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2014, 01:44:20 AM »

http://s770.photobucket.com/user/stevehuckss396/library/NAMES2014

The above link is a photobucket album with pix from setup day at the NAMES show. Almost everything is self explanitory except this one. Guess what it is.

THIS

SPACE

RESERVED

FOR

stevehuckss396

Tire pressure gage for Jerry Kieffer's 1/8 HD motorcycle. He puffed it with a small piece of tube and the stem popped out like a real one with graduation marks that are not visible with the naked eye. That man is not human.

Steve

Thats not fair. I looked at the photo and had no idea what it was. I used the zoom tool to get a better look. Thought it might be a tire gauge but wasn't sure yet. I followed the link to your photo album and didn't learn any more but lots of nice pictures, thanks. I decided to put both photos under the Zoom lense again and I could make out by comparing one against the other that it was a tire gauge.

Ok. Now I am going to go back to Steves post which is still sitting open and give him the answer hopefully before anybody else. First thing that I discover is there is nothing but blank space below the picture. I keep going down, down, down and finally come to some text but instead of your signature line I find that you have answered your own question. Oh well, I know that I had the right answer without cheating.

Thanks for the photos Steve. It's the next best thing to being there. :)

Cheers  :cheers:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2014, 06:41:19 AM »
Hi Steve, thanks for  sharing these pictures. It is the only way for my to get an idea what is going in there.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline Camm-1

• Sweden
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2014, 07:29:05 AM »
Hi Steve!
I agree whith Achim.
My wife and I planning a trip to New York next April to visit her cusin. We have never been in US so we have to go
before its to late.
And Cabin Fever is not far from NY :P  Names is maybe to far away for wifes not intrested :shrug:
Ove

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal