Author Topic: A UK MEM Display Day?  (Read 42959 times)

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: A UK MEM Display Day?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 09:32:46 PM »
I have what is termed "community support" from my company who (claims against their tax  :lolb:) support for a number of community activities, they particularly like anything that has an engineering bias ;).

Last years posters had our logo and name :naughty: But I also had printed out copies of the MEM build threads/logs for each of the featured engines. I bet you hadn't noticed that ;)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 10:48:42 PM »
P.S. I think a picture of Zee in a fetching outfit would be the star of the show

Very much appreciated! But I cannot take the chance of detracting from the show.

Further, there is no fetching outfit in the world that could distract anyone from the real star.  :LittleDevil:
The best I could hope for from any viewer is..."So glad you're here Jo. Very glad. You have no idea how glad. But really really glad."  :lolb:

However, if you're interested in a private viewing.... :naughty:
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 11:59:59 PM »
 :lolb: :lolb: :lolb:

Bill

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 07:35:59 AM »
Ramon, this should give you an idea of the posters Jo is talking about

I don't have a table of my own, just invite to exhibit, I had been waiting to see if they would go on Jo's MEM table or just in teh general display.

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 08:11:56 AM »
Thanks Jason, I was about to remind Jo I took a long break just before the event last year so missed all the coverage. Can you remember how many tables there were in that display in total?

That looks to be a superb backdrop - do you still have them Jo or do you really want to have something different. I notice the glass screen - does that answer my previous question - how much space do you need?

We are now off sailing for the day. We've just bought a beautiful wood built 'A rater' between us and today's the first sail of it for us.
We both really need the break and the weather is just perfect  :)

Back later - Ramon
"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 08:19:50 AM »
I think that was two tables but Jo can confirm.

Jo, Eric and I are off out today as well.

J

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 09:26:53 PM »
That was two tables and only a few of my engines ;) and  :o John's is missing   :'(

I hope to be able to run some of the infernal combustion engines this year and one of them from what I have seen from her transformation is going to be  :Love: I will need her back shortly  :embarassed:

Jo

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 10:54:53 AM »
I have just emailed Bryan with four names/addresses so we should receive something from him in due course - Thanks Simon, Rod, and John for responding. I have heard nothing from Anthony or Jim ??

I have asked for four tables so hopefully we will have enough space for everyone's exhibits.

Should anyone else like to join in there's still plenty of time - but the sooner the better as space is obviously a limitation.

Regards for now - Ramon

Offline Heffalump

• Oxfordshire, England
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »
Hi-Ho chaps,

Sorry I have only just got online. If I am able to come Ramon I most likely won't have anything to put on display! So I wouldn't worry about me in that regard :)

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 02:41:57 PM »
Thanks Jim, no problem - it'll still be nice to meet you there so hope you can make it.

Ramon

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 06:16:06 PM »
Guys - I've just received my invitation/entry form -  I've only had a cursory look and not digested them fully but I think that if we put 'FOR MEM DISPLAY' just under the heading on TABLE 2 attached to the entry form that will help Bryan to keep us together  :).

There is the possibility of another member - with some very nice engines - more later if that works out.

Regards - Ramon

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 10:08:25 PM »
Well, I've booked the hotel and just sent off the form so short of any disaster occurring I'm in as they say  :)  Lets hope for good weather .

Jo, what plans if any do you have for advertising MEM - are you doing those backdrops as before? Will we need table covers or are they provided and is there anything you need me to do 'tween now and then?

If anyone else would like to join in here it's not too late but you will need to fill in an entry form and get it off to Bryan by June 1st. PM me your email address and I'll send you the necessary

Regards for now - Ramon

PS I still don't know the exact number of tables but have just asked Bryan if he is able to confirm that yet.

Online Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2014, 07:55:07 AM »
I was planning on a new series of back drops. Last years posters were based around:

• Engines from Plans,
  • Engines from Castings,
  • The Design and construction of engines
  • Machining the parts

This year thinking to move it to a more community feel:

• We help each other to start to learn to make simple engines”   (simple oscillating/single cylinder engine pictures)
  • “We learn to build engines that others have designed”  (pictures of commercial & other designs from the site )
  • “By learning find we can and want to design our own engines. “   (own designs = George B , Tug, S&P, Maury,)
  • “By sharing our engines builds we all learn how to make things beyond what we could ever dream of.“  ( Simple: Kim’s 5 cylinder radial to… ??)

The problem is the poster titles need to be short  :wallbang:
- - -
The tables will have covers on them. I will need to bring my electric extension, last year this was a problem..

We need more simple engines for the youngsters to engage in :stickpoke:

I might pin one half of the Double Tangye in parts on a board and see if I can get the other half running on its own behind it. 

Jo

Offline tangler

• Christchurch, UK
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2014, 11:36:32 AM »
I'm planning on bringing the Wyvern and my own design 10cc Side valve engine

It's in bits at the moment, being cleaned and polished but I could put together a display board showing drawings, photos of internals and some rationale for the design.

I've also got a Stuart 10V which we could display as a "simple" engine or I would be happy to take it apart as an exploded display of bits if that would help.

Whatever you guys want to do I'm happy to go along with and help in any way I can - I've plenty of time  8)

Cheers,
Rod

Online Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 03:29:40 PM »
Just e-mailed my entry with 4 engines on it.

Easton & Anderson
Galloway
Ball Hopper Monitor
Firefly

Must get the Monitor finished :-[

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal