Author Topic: A UK MEM Display Day?  (Read 42957 times)

Offline philjoe5

Re: A UK MEM Display Day?
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2014, 12:02:21 AM »
Sorry I'm so late in responding.  Excellent videos, pictures of amazing model engines.  It's nice to see pictures with names.  Thanks to all who took the time to take them and post them :ThumbsUp:

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline Ginger Nut

• Woolnwood
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2014, 07:58:05 AM »
Just caught up with this thread and glad I spent the time browsing thanks for the photos and videos a very impressive set up and display by all.

Offline Stilldrillin

• Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2014, 09:30:18 AM »
Working at my computer, the other day...... Little One, trotted in...... "I want to look at pictures, Grandad"::)

She sat on my knee, and I turned to p14, the list of posters. "This is what Grandad does, when he goes to a show, with his engines."  :)

Third pic down...... Surprise. "There's my engine!"   

Fourth pic...... "That's me, that's meee. Grandad just look at me!!"  :cartwheel:

Grandma had to come and look too........

That was one more, magical moment. Thank you Jo!  :cheers:

David D
David.
Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!
Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2014, 09:41:15 AM »
 :ThumbsUp:

Those pictures of her engine and her engrossed in it was just too good. I am pleased she appreciated our reuse of them  8)

(I did ask permission first  ;))

Jo
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:54:03 PM by Jo »
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2014, 07:38:37 AM »
I recieved the GMES Rally wash up notes this morning and we got a special mention:

Jo and her little band of people from the Model Engine Makers Forum, which is an internet based group, put on a good show and seemed to enjoy themselves.  It looks like a good idea to invite them next year.

Tug: looks like no one heard your magic words when you ran up your engines  :LittleDevil: or spotted Eric wobbling around the tent with that bottle of beer in the middle of the afternoon :facepalm:

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline Ramon Wilson

• Suffolk in the UK
« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2014, 09:59:55 AM »
Ah what a relief Jo - so my secret's safe then  ;

It's good to hear we made an impression with the powers that be ;)

I just went through the pages again to remind myself of such great time ;) - Somehow I missed this first time round

Tug, Sue, Rod, Simon, Jason, Chris, Gill, Eric & John: thanks guys for coming along, bringing your models and making it a really great weekend, I am looking forward to doing it again ;D.

Before the event (and I'm sure Chris would only be too pleased to confirm this) I had come to a decision to concentrate more on the plastic side of things as the conflict does get to me a times. Well I can tell you that that weekend had such a positive effect that it did not take long to realise that that decision was a mite flawed. Though I am currently 'distracted' it is to see a job finished but it's not for much longer  :)

Thank you Jo for all the work you put in too, I think we would all agree we all had a truly great time. Sue and I are certainly looking forwards to meeting up with you all next year that's for sure  :)

Regards - Ramon
"I ain't here for the long time but I am here for a good time"
(a very apt phrase - thanks to a well meaning MEM friend)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal