Author Topic: Something a bit different  (Read 10068 times)

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
Re: Something a bit different
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 05:48:08 PM »
Very cool video! Great opportunity to drive that kind of machine.

I haven't dug into the details of the drive yet, but it looks like the two tracks always drive together, no differential action?

EDIT: Answering my own question - been going through the pictures and diagrams, and it DID have a differential mounted between the tracks.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 07:20:25 PM by crueby »

Offline Jasonb

• Surrey, UK
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 08:17:01 PM »
As I said earlier look at his other videos, you can see the diff in this one

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDKCfVzYwY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDKCfVzYwY</a>

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 08:39:57 PM »
Yes, it was his videos and pictures where I saw it. Incredible workmanship!

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 09:48:58 PM »
These videos are fascinating. It definitely wasn't a zero turning radius vehicle though was it??  :ROFL:

Bill

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 12:31:16 AM »
Been reading through the articles from the museum website, the parts list document has amazing detail of all the parts of the hauler, not measured, but pleny good enough to recreate the parts given the measured arrangement drawings and the other info in the articles, pictures, and models. Think this is definitely my next big project! Just gotta finish my Corliss, and maybe a clock project I've been putting off for a while (small tower clock with a grasshopper escapement). Good to have several things all going at once. Oh yeah, and the lobster boat hull that I won in the raffle in Carmel, and updating the motor/radio in my Sabino model to get that back in the water. And finishing the polar bear carving.... And maybe one of those steam hammers... Gotta find some castings to fondle somewhere too...   :insane:

Offline Flyboy Jim

• Independence, Oregon
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 02:21:46 AM »
Been reading through the articles from the museum website, the parts list document has amazing detail of all the parts of the hauler, not measured, but pleny good enough to recreate the parts given the measured arrangement drawings and the other info in the articles, pictures, and models. Think this is definitely my next big project! Just gotta finish my Corliss, and maybe a clock project I've been putting off for a while (small tower clock with a grasshopper escapement). Good to have several things all going at once. Oh yeah, and the lobster boat hull that I won in the raffle in Carmel, and updating the motor/radio in my Sabino model to get that back in the water. And finishing the polar bear carving.... And maybe one of those steam hammers... Gotta find some castings to fondle somewhere too...   :insane:

Chris............you sound like that cowboy who jumped on his horse and rode madly off in all directions  :lolb:

Jim
Sherline 4400 Lathe
Sherline 5400 Mill
"You can do small things on big machines, but you can do small things on small machines".

Offline crueby

• Rochester NY
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2016, 02:23:34 AM »

Chris............you sound like that cowboy who jumped on his horse and rode madly off in all directions  :lolb:

Jim

I resemble that remark!   :cheers:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal