Author Topic: A BOX FOR MY TOOLS  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
A BOX FOR MY TOOLS
« on: February 20, 2014, 04:46:55 PM »
I have been looking to make or buy some boxes to fit my tools that I have been building. Down south here we have a few hobby shops and one of them is called Michael's and I found these boxes in the photo below. The cost for these boxes are from $3 to $5 each and I couldn't believe how cheap they were. So I purchased a few of them, all though these boxes are not the strongest boxes, as they are made for jewelry and other items, but for what I want them for they will not be banged around. I applied some spry can shelac on the and they were ready for tools. I usually keep some packing handy for packing boxes for shipping and I made good use of it to line the boxes with. Below are photos of some of the boxes which come in varies size and shape.
I hope some of you find these as handy a I did for your tools. If you look at the photo's you will see some of the tools I have been building.

Don

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: A BOX FOR MY TOOLS
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »
Don, those turned out quite well and should provide good protection for your investment of time and talent in each of those tools. The price is certainly good and as you say, while they are inexpensively made, for this purpose they should be more than adequate. They are as good as or better than most of the wooden boxes that some offshore tooling comes in which I often find doesn't even survive shipping :)  Nicely done!!!

Bill

Online sco

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »
 Nice find - just needs a slip of vci paper to give complete protection!

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 06:17:29 PM »
Great find dude. There's a Michael's not far from here. Looks like they are just right to put in a cardboard shipping box and send this way, with tools of course :lolb: :lolb:

Whiskey

Offline smfr

• San Francisco Bay Area, California
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 07:16:34 PM »
Very nice, Don! Just a word of warning: Michael's was one of the stores that suffered from hackers stealing credit card data, like Target. So if you shop there, pay cash!

Simon

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 09:08:31 PM »
Nice looking boxes Don! And they look even better with your tools in them! :Lol:
Thanks for sharing that Idea.  We have a Michael's around here too.  I may have to go visit soon...
Kim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal