Author Topic: No Fog Coolant Mister  (Read 10046 times)

Offline Dave Sohlstrom

Re: No Fog Coolant Mister
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 10:25:41 PM »
Terry

Nice design. I did not have time to build one so I bought a Fog Buster. One thing that Fog Buster does is use a twin hose from the tank to the nozzle. They also have only on valve at the nozzle block to adjust coolant flow.

I think that McMaster has the twin tubing.

Dave

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 10:34:39 PM »
Thanks for that Terry!

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Hugh Currin

• Box Elder, SD, USA
    • www.currin.us
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 10:38:16 PM »
Terry:

Thanks for the update. Good to hear you're still working on it.

I suppose if the coolant freezes, a mister won't do much good. I certainly understand not wanting to work in an unheated shop in MN. And you mentioned lots of snow, I'd been wondering where all our snow had gone. We'd sure take it back if you're tired of it!

I have one of the cool mist systems, I think they make several and mine is the least expensive, and I can sure fog up the shop if I put my mind to it.

Thanks again. Please keep us up to date, I for one am interested.

Hugh
Hugh

Offline TerryWerm

• Jordan, MN - 6147 nice folks and one grouch!
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 10:50:23 PM »
Hugh,

I can understand the concern over the lack of snow in your area. Folks in my part of the country do not typically understand the grave importance of ample snowfall in the mountains to people in your area. I have relatives that have an orchard in Colorado, and snow in the mountains (or lack of it) each year makes all the difference between getting a crop or not. We were visiting them in mid August one year when the irrigation water ran out on the day were  getting ready to leave. The apples were right at that critical point where they really needed the added moisture, but it wasn't going to come. That was a really tough day to be visiting as the air was pretty heavy, if you know what I mean.

I certainly will keep everyone up to date, it is on the top of my list right now, I just need to keep bypassing it for the time being, but should be able to continue with it very soon. I will post a build thread on it, and will post notice of that build thread here as well.
----------------------------
Terry
Making chips when I can!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal