Author Topic: Turn Wright Machine Works and Other Machining Video's  (Read 6515 times)

Offline KB

Turn Wright Machine Works and Other Machining Video's
« on: January 30, 2014, 04:31:21 PM »
Keith Fenner has posted about 300 shop video's.
He is pretty well spoken and explains his work very well.

My wife thinks I'm crazy to make parts all day and then watch this at night. But I really enjoy watching him making chips.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KEF791/videos

Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:14:48 PM by KevinB »

Offline philjoe5

Re: Turn Wright Machine Works
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:12:24 PM »
Good one Kevin.  I had seen a video of this guy some time ago and forgot to bookmark it properly.  He's good and entertaining to watch.

BTW has your wife been talking to my wife?  She says the same thing about me :insane:

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 05:32:16 PM »
That's looks interesting Kevin and I am not familiar with these. It looks like most are more lengthy so I will bookmark the sight for later viewing. Thanks for posting them though.

Bill

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 07:23:17 PM »
I've been watching Keith Fenner for quite a while and I always learn something. He is in an old-school shop with his Plasma Cam as the only piece of CNC. The rest is a big lathe, a Bridgeport series I and a K&T mill.
He takes one of his jobs and records and comments about what he's doing. It did take me a while to realize that it's a one-man shop since he is always using the editorial "we"
Well worth the time to watch.
My other favorite machining channels are
Tom's Techniques - worth it just to see his like-new Hardinge HLV-H. Download the free plans and build along with Tom.

Keith Rucker

ThatLazyMachinist - Marc Lecuyer is a Canadian master toolmaker and machining teacher. Some nice build- along projects. Unless you need the language practice, be aware that the videos are in both English and French. Choose accordingly.

Oxtool - Tom Lipton (author of "Metalworking: Sink or Swim")

And of course
MrPete222 - Lisle Peterson ( aka Tubalcain) just did a 5-parter on building a wobbler.
Best,
Stan

Offline wheeltapper

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 10:38:03 PM »
Heres two more to add to the list.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-gHgFRKRPG9HxoJc1iXD_w       James Kilroy.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmw8dulUGRLbcVCeRGEwhw   Outsidescrewball.

Roy.
I used to be confused, now I just don't know.

Offline philjoe5

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 11:36:14 PM »
You guys are killing me.  Now I'll never have any shop time :atcomputer:

Seriously, thanks for the links.  I don't watch TV, but I do watch engine and machining videos.

Cheers,
Phil
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.  - Mark Twain

Offline KB

Re: Turn Wright Machine Works and Other Machining Video's
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 04:18:24 PM »
Man. that's good stuff.

My wife enjoys social networking on the computer (what a waste of time  ;) ), so I get the big screen all to myself, after the kids go to bed.

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
Re: Turn Wright Machine Works and Other Machining Video's
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 07:14:40 PM »
Just a few days over a year ago when our business was wiped out by a tornado, I got hooked on Keith. My normal day starts about 2:30am and during reconstruction the crews wouldn't show up until about 8:ish. Out in the sticks where I live, Broadband internet is about the best you can hope for. Well, I watched hours of Keith and drank pots of coffee waiting for everyone else's day to begin. I got me broadband charges and it was something stupid, like, $127 overage on use. Now, I have unlimited in my office and I'm almost hooked again. :LittleDevil:

Whiskey

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal