Author Topic: Brushless DC motor as a alternator  (Read 12934 times)

Offline airmodel

Re: Brushless DC motor as a alternator
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2014, 06:38:23 AM »
If you have looked at my video about locating brushless DC motors, I will take it one step further and show how to make the necessary connections to make it work as a alternator.

Before the PCB is unsoldered look for groups of three connections and mark all these connections so you know where to reconnect them. The first is a star connection, look at the "star PCB" photo. Those three have to be soldered together when the PCB has been removed. These connections are labeled " SA,SB,SC" s means star.

Next have a look at the output PCB photo. There are another group of three connections, these are the output wires. They are labeled "A,B,C". connections so you know where to reconnect them. Have a look at the star motor photo, it shows how I reconnected the star connection. Then have a look at the output motor photo, these three wires are connected to the load (lights).

There are two ways to connect the lights (Load) to the alternator, star or delta.

Have a look at the drawing to see how this is done. Instead of having a three wire output, it can be reduced to two wires by changing the AC output to DC. Have a look at the diode photo. Two bridge reticfiers are used. The yellow wires connect to the three output wires on the alternator. The red wires are positive and the black wires are negative. On the lefthand top of the photo you will see a red and black wire going out of the photo, they are now your output wires to the light or other load. The bridge reticfiers have + and - marked on the sides, also there are two ~  these are where the AC input wires go to. Because there are three output wires one ~ AC is not connected on the righthand bridge reticfier.

Offline airmodel

Re: Brushless DC motor as a alternator
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2014, 06:42:54 AM »
Here are the rest of the photos

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal