Author Topic: Unreadable Stuart plans  (Read 2700 times)

Offline smfr

• San Francisco Bay Area, California
Unreadable Stuart plans
« on: October 21, 2013, 12:56:05 AM »
I seem to have aquired a couple of sets of Stuart castings  :pinkelephant: but both have issues with the plans.  :ShakeHead:  (I think it's OK to ask for copies of plans for engines that one owns, but someone tell me if this is  :naughty: ).

One, a Stuart Score casting set, came with the plans stuck together in one corner and if I peel them apart I'm going to obliterate the top right corner of the sheet. Does anyone have a set of plans for this engine, c. 1975, and would be willing to scan just the top right quarter for me?

The other, a Stuart Twin set, came with a photocopy of the plans, but whoever made the copy left a gap between each sheet  :ShakeHead: I can probably deduce the missing sections (in part by consulting my plans for the Stuart Compound, which is similar), but for completeness I would like to have a readable set of plans. Would anyone be able to help me on that front? This casting set also dates from around 1975.

I would like to get period plans, as on my Stuart No. 4, the new plans I ordered from Stuart models revealed that they'd changed some critical dimensions over the years, and I don't want to make that mistake again!

Thanks!
Simon

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
Re: Unreadable Stuart plans
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 02:19:44 AM »
That's all reasonable Simon...just lets do it email to email ...and not post the plans here....Id appreciate it.

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline rhankey

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 09:15:28 PM »
Simon,

A little late to the party, but did you get sorted out with twin launch plans?  I have a set of drawings dated 1961 (excluding the reversing kit), and 1957 for the reversing kit drawings.

Robin

Offline smfr

• San Francisco Bay Area, California
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »
A little late to the party, but did you get sorted out with twin launch plans?  I have a set of drawings dated 1961 (excluding the reversing kit), and 1957 for the reversing kit drawings.

Robin, will send you a PM!

Thanks
Simon

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal