Author Topic: 16 valve engine  (Read 33452 times)

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
Re: 16 valve engine
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2014, 11:24:08 AM »
 Hi everybody, this morning I have had the visit of a brick layer (I have changed my jeans against the typical white trousers). The structural engineer has criticized, that in the middle between the HP and LP cylinder the load could be to high for the floor. So another pillar had to be done on both sides of the engine, which has happened this morning. So the basement will be close to the state that the tiling could start. My last idea is to make a kind of fake condenser, where both exhaust pipes will end in a kind of barrel with one exit and a possibility to collect the oil and perhaps a drain cock to get it of.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline vcutajar

• Marsascala, MALTA
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2014, 12:22:52 PM »
Thanks Achim.  More ideas to try on my Corliss.  But first I need to finish it :Lol:

Vince

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2014, 03:05:14 PM »
Very nice brick work Achim! :ThumbsUp:
These details really add so much to your engine model.
Kim

Offline ths

• Kangaroo Valley, NSW, Australia
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
He's an excellent bricklayer! Is that regular mortar being used there?

Hugh.

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2014, 08:02:13 PM »
Hi Hugh, regular mortar would by to heavy and to thick. But the normal tile adhesive, used for getting tiles at the wall in your bathroom, is perfect.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2014, 05:32:32 PM »
Hi everybody, some small progress again. The basement is finished. Tiles, grouting and sealing. So next weekend hopefully the engine and the basement will be fitted together.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2014, 05:58:37 PM »
Beautiful brick work for a beautiful built engine Achim, you have outdone yourself. I like.......... :praise2:

Don

Offline rarach22

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2014, 07:46:43 PM »
This machine is a dream, beautiful work, thank you very much for further inspiration. Pavel

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2014, 06:24:48 PM »
Hi Pavel, thanks for your friendly comments.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2014, 06:56:25 PM »
Beautiful brick work for a beautiful built engine Achim, you have outdone yourself. I like.......... :praise2:

Don
Hi Don, thanks for your compliment. To be honest, now is time to do some swarf again. My fingers need some time to regenerate. Next week end I will fix the basement under the engine plate and will make the exhaust pipes and the dummy condenser.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline lesmo

• North Staffs UK
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2014, 10:05:17 AM »
Achim, that is really beautiful workmanship in every respect, from the detailing of the brick pillars and decks, to the precision and coloring of the numerous mechanical parts. I love the way it runs so smoothly and sweetly, it is relaxing just to sit and watch it ticking over. Very well done.

Les
Engage brain before moving hands.

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2014, 07:16:45 PM »
Hi Les, thank you very much for your friendly comments and compliments. I am still busy with the final details, like a kind of oil separator, which will be mounted at the basement. Some parts are already made I will post it over the weekend. If I calculate the hours, siting in front and watching the movement, it will be some hours now.
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline mhirst121

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2014, 07:37:27 PM »
Achim, just read through this thread, don`t know how I missed it. I would like to congratulate you on a beautiful model, it runs so smooth and LOTS going on to sit and admire. Very well made and presented and thank you for sharing it with us.

MartinH
Carlisle, Cumbria, UK
A creative mess is better than idle tidyness !!

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2014, 06:28:47 AM »
Good Morning MartinH, thank you very much for your friendly comments to my engine build. It is still not finished, because my time is very much under the control of my job life and shop time is rare. But here is some small progress again. The installation in the basement is started. I am preparing a kind of oil separator which looks like a barrel. Here some pictures of the making of the "barrel", hopefully I can do the final piping soon. Thanks for watching my thread.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:35:50 PM by fumopuc »
Kind Regards
Achim

Offline fumopuc

• Munich, Germany, EU
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2014, 03:49:33 PM »
Hi everybody, during all the guys in the States are hanging around in bars at Cabin Fever I have to go ahead with my engine build. May be I am a bit jealous. I have made some sealing today, glued the big flanges in and made some powder coating. 10 Minutes with 180°to 190° Celsius and job done. Only some down cooling and it can be hold in the hands.
Now the barrel or "oil separator" is nearly finisher for installation.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:38:15 PM by fumopuc »
Kind Regards
Achim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal