Author Topic: Fly wheels  (Read 8164 times)

Offline dsquire

• Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Fly wheels
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 02:19:49 AM »
How about a set of inverse spokes. Instead of milling out the area between the spokes mill out the spokes. For that matter, you could use multiple sets of holes inline at different radi where the spokes would be.

Tony

Tony

I'm not quite sure of what you mean but it sounds like a good idea. Could you machine one up for me and post a photo that I could use as an example. I think it would be cool.  :lolb: :lolb: :lolb:

Cheers  :cheers:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline derekwarner

• Wollongong ...... Australia
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 02:35:39 AM »
I too would  :Love: to be in the position to own or have access to a home machine shop with lathe & milling facilities etc......however without these  :wallbang: I must resort to purchased components

Here are my 50 mm diameter x 4 mm shaft flywheels from Winfired Niggle  :ThumbsUp:.....he produces quality components ....Derek
Derek L Warner - Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op - Australia
www.ils.org.au

Online AOG

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 06:57:19 AM »
How about a set of inverse spokes. Instead of milling out the area between the spokes mill out the spokes. For that matter, you could use multiple sets of holes inline at different radi where the spokes would be.

Tony

Tony

I'm not quite sure of what you mean but it sounds like a good idea. Could you machine one up for me and post a photo that I could use as an example. I think it would be cool.  :lolb: :lolb: :lolb:

Cheers  :cheers:

Don

Take a look at the flywheel on the middle  and right of this picture to see what I mean. (Sorry about the quality of the pic but I am on the road right now and that's the only pic I have with me.)

Tony

Offline brasso

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 06:27:10 PM »
We'll that's done it, first I was confused over holes in a flywheel now it's which design.   :facepalm:
I do like the look of the one on the right in your picture AOG. I will probably try that one out now.
Jack of all trades but master of none.

fcheslop

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 09:04:11 PM »
Thanks , Im going to use the just for the hell of it on my next simple Stirling build
cheers
frazer

Offline brasso

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 08:49:53 PM »
Well flywheel turned out just need to work out which way to go . . . . .spokes or holes?
Jack of all trades but master of none.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal