Author Topic: Hello from Savannah Georgia in the US  (Read 2200 times)

Offline AOG

Hello from Savannah Georgia in the US
« on: November 01, 2013, 06:33:33 AM »
Hello everyone. I have been lurking for a while but I figured it was time to come out of the shadows. I am an avionics engineer by trade but I started off as an aircraft mechanic (A&P for those who know what that is.) My knowledge of metalworking consists of what I learned in sheet metal and fileing 101 so I'm a complete novice. I have made three wobblers that I call ( from left to right) oops , darn and third times the charm. I am currently working on an Elderberry launch engine. Unfortunately that evil work thing keeps me from getting as much shop time as I would like. In any case I look forward to participating as much as I can.
Tony
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 01:58:40 PM by steamer »

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
Re: Hello from Savannah Georgia in the US
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »
 :hi: Tony,

Nice set of wobblers :ThumbsUp: I finally made my first wobbler earlier this year  :embarassed:

Jo

Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline tel

• Bathurst District, NSW, Oz.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 08:42:54 AM »
Welcome Tony! :ThumbsUp:
The older I get, the better I was.
Lacerta es reptiles quisnam mos non exsisto accuso nusquam

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »
Welcome Tony...those wobblers look pretty good to me. Would love to see some pictures of your current project as well when you have the time.

Bill

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 12:26:31 PM »
 :hi: Tony!

Don

Offline AOG

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 01:24:39 PM »
Welcome Tony...those wobblers look pretty good to me. Would love to see some pictures of your current project as well when you have the time.

Bill

When I get back to house I'll see if I can get some pics. As to the wobblers .... let's just say that the low resolution of the pic hides a multitude of faults. The one on the left is the first thing I ever did on a lathe and a mill. It's pretty much built to the Little Machine Shop plans. It ran but I wasn't happy with it. I redrew the base and vertical column to look like I wanted it to. The problem is that I couldn't figure out how to cut the shapes so I cheated. I took a quick trip down to the local water jet house and 20 min and 40 dollars later I had 2 new bases and columns. I started building the second one and I realized that water jets don't cut strait. I figured out how to clean things up well enough to get it assembled but the geometry is off. It runs but not well. On the third one I had figured out what to do so it came out much better.

Tony

Offline ths

• Kangaroo Valley, NSW, Australia
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 07:15:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Tony.

Cheers, Hugh.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal