Author Topic: Re: Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition 2024  (Read 287 times)

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
Re: Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition 2024
« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:49:52 PM »
Hi Mike,

I should be able to put in a day maybe two with some model stationary internal combustion engines.

Andy

Hello Andy,

That's great news. I am sure others will step forward with the momentum.

Remember this special arrangement is for the benefit of all our MEM members, so 'bring what you built'.  i/c engines, steam engines, workshop tooling; completed or work in progress.

Cheers

Mike
It is the journey that matters, not the destination

Sometimes, it can be a long and winding road

Online Twizseven

« Reply #16 on: Today at 04:46:51 PM »
Mike,
I would hope to be able to do one day. I could bring the Redwing which hopefully will be finished. My others are not ICE, if you are happy with these then I could possibly bring a Alyn Foundry Robinson Hot Air and a CHUK2 flamelicker and Stuart 10V.

The only possible issue that would prevent me being there is just last Friday having been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, I could be having treatment.  Currently have no timescales for this.

Regards,
Colin

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:53:30 PM »
Mike,
I would hope to be able to do one day. I could bring the Redwing which hopefully will be finished. My others are not ICE, if you are happy with these then I could possibly bring a Alyn Foundry Robinson Hot Air and a CHUK2 flamelicker and Stuart 10V.

The only possible issue that would prevent me being there is just last Friday having been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, I could be having treatment.  Currently have no timescales for this.

Regards,
Colin

Hello Colin,

Good to have you onboard. But sorry to hear about the 'Old man's problem' down below.

The plan is to make this the MEM table top display area and not limit it to the 'i/c engine group'. So 'bring what you built'.  i/c engines, steam engines, workshop tooling; completed or work in progress.

Cheers

Mike

Offline Laurentic

• Nr Yeovil, Somerset, England
Re: Re: Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition 2024
« Reply #18 on: Today at 07:11:18 PM »
Mike - that is all sounding very positive - well done!

Chris

Offline Vixen

• Hampshire UK
« Reply #19 on: Today at 07:53:18 PM »
Thank you Chris,

It would be wonderful if we could recreate the face to face exhibitor/ visitor environment we used to enjoy at the old Guildford, Bristol, Sundown and Ascot model engineering shows of ten years, or more, ago. They were great for the exhibitor and great for the model engineering enthusiasts visiting the show. Everyone enjoyed chatting, discussing and demonstrations of our creations; all came away with broad smiles on their faces.

Mike
« Last Edit: Today at 08:22:37 PM by Vixen »

Offline Charles Lamont

« Reply #20 on: Today at 08:56:57 PM »
I had thought of unearthing my camshaft grinder and putting it in as a loan or club stand exhibit. Putting it on a table and demonstrating it (not cutting) would be better.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal