Author Topic: Attention EARTHLINK.NET users  (Read 5103 times)

Offline AdeV

• Administrator
Attention EARTHLINK.NET users
« on: October 21, 2013, 09:41:54 AM »
Please note, this announcement ONLY affects members who's internet is provided by Earthlink.net

Regrettably, one (or possibly more?) Earthlink users continue to mark forum-generated mail as SPAM - as a result, our mail servers are being continually blocked by Earthlink until manually fixed by one of the forum admins.

Therefore, if your ISP is Earthlink, there is a very high possibility that you are not receiving e-mails from the forum. This might merely be annoying (e.g. you don't get updates to topics you subscribed to), but for potential new members it is IMPOSSIBLE, as the forum-generated mails containing the user's "click to verify" links are also blocked.

IF you are reading this AND you recently marked a forum post as spam, please do not do so in future. You can adjust your profile to not receive notifications/emails from the forum, it is more polite to do this than to screw the whole thing up for everyone else.

If you are attempting to join the forum, and you are an Earthlink user who has not received any confirmation emails, then please contact the admins directly (info@modelenginemaker.com). Please use a clear e-mail subject, as we receive a very large pile of spam every day on that address, so separating the "wheat" from the "chaff" can sometimes be a bit of a hit-and-miss affair.

In the future, if earthlink persists in blocking our e-mails, I may simply block their servers in return, because I'm fed up of seeing "Message is undeliverable" from them.

PS: Also, please note, when the forum notifies you that you have received a Private Message - please DO NOT reply to it - unless you want the Admins to read your mail!!!

Thanks!
Cheers,
Ade
--
I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal