Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 7773 times)

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
Thank You
« on: October 20, 2013, 10:34:01 AM »
As I appear to be the first to shoot my mouth off when this all started, I thought I should be the first to say; "THANK YOU" to the admin team. When I read Arnold's announcement this morning I was quite relieved and satisfied with the outcome. I know they worked their butts off and I'm quite sure there were feathers ruffled that would never have been if this hadn't  happened. I applaud you for listening to the members and acting upon their concerns. With this attitude and in these guidelines, we can continue to grow as a " Global Community" and not regress to a "segregated compound". Once again, thank you.

Best Regards,
Eric Douglas

Offline vcutajar

• Marsascala, MALTA
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 12:30:21 PM »
I echo what Eric said.  Congratulations and well done admin team.

Vince

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
I echo what Eric said.  Congratulations and well done admin team.

Vince
Same here team, excellent work and many thanks for all your efforts and support. With out you we would have a dull forum.

Don

Offline ColH

• Geelong, Victoria, Australia
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 01:07:01 PM »
Here here!!
ColH

fcheslop

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 01:11:04 PM »
Many thanks to the admin team :ThumbsUp:
That is great news
cheers

Offline Mosey

• Rosemont, New Jersey, USA
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 01:23:17 PM »
Thanks guys, for clearing up some stuff and making the forum more friendly and useful, while respecting the awesome diversity of the members. I believe a great deal of work went on behind the scenes. I learn a lot here and appreciate what you do.
Mosey :cartwheel:

Online sco

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 01:29:58 PM »
All sounds good to me!  :ThumbsUp:

Simon.
Ars longa, vita brevis.

Offline Captain Jerry

• Summerfield, FL USA
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 02:03:11 PM »
Thanks to a great team of administrators for all of your work on this and all of the other stuff that is needed to keep this a fun and interesting place to learn and share the fun of shop time!

Jerry
NOTARY SOJAK

There are things that you can do and some things you can't do. Don't worry about it. try it anyway.

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 04:13:59 PM »
I agree with what everyone has posted above.  I think this is a great direction for the forum. :) Thanks so much to all the admins who give of their time and effort to make this place possible. And thank you for driving the decisions to let the forum change and expand a bit.  We can all be patient while the proposed physical changes are implemented.

Thanks again,
Kim

Offline GailinNM

• Albuquerque, NM, USA
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 04:24:13 PM »
The planned changes look very positive to me.
Thank you to all involved.
Gail in NM
I would like to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Online Dave Otto

• Boise, Idaho USA
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 04:47:48 PM »
I think the changes will be a nice addition.

Thanks team!

Dave

Offline tangler

• Christchurch, UK
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 05:28:50 PM »
 :ThumbsUp:

Rod

Offline smfr

• San Francisco Bay Area, California
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 05:36:12 PM »
Changes look good to me too (and now I realize the my Muncaster thread is in the wrong place  :facepalm2::ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

I'm glad that we found a place for the not-quite-an-engine builds. Look forward to them!

Simon

Offline RMO

• Rexburg, Idaho, USA
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 07:00:15 PM »
 :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:
I like the new changes.

Mike

Offline Jim Nic

• Buckingham, UK
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 07:47:28 PM »
"You can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time."   
I feel that the changes should help us to grow and improve the spread of knowledge of all aspects of model engineering while keeping the major focus on engines.  This can only be to the benefit of the whole community.
Thank you to the admins for attempting to please all of the people all of the time.
Jim
The person who never made a mistake never made anything.

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 08:28:42 PM »
I sincerely hope that this means I will be able to continue my posts about the Marble Automation. The reason it is being built is to have another fascinating "device" to be driven by my model engines .  It has now reached a stage where the main working portion of it is completed and a video posted showing its operation has been finished. Moderators---Help me out here please. I don't want to get in trouble with the forum.--Brian Rupnow

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 09:01:52 PM »
Thank to the admins for sorting out/clarifying the rules. It must be quite difficult with a lot of people in different time zones.  :ThumbsUp:
Best regards

Roger

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 09:03:40 PM »
Brian,

Yes it does mean you can continue with your build.   Please keep it where it is, and it will be moved to "Vehicles & Models " once the change over happens.   I don't have a date for that yet, but I am sure it won't be long

Happy building!

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Brian Rupnow

• Barrie, Ontario Canada
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 09:07:27 PM »
Well then---Thank you Indeed!!!!

Offline Admiral_dk

• Søften - Denmark
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 11:44:35 PM »
A BIG thank you to all Admins for increasing the scope of this wonderful place in a good way + another big thank you for all your good work - it can't be said enough, but without your effort, nothing like this would exist :cheers:

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 01:53:55 AM »
A positive step.Thanks to the team for an excellent bit of work.
Best,
Stan

Offline AussieJimG

• Rest In Peace
  • Bywong, NSW, Australia
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 02:36:01 AM »
Thanks Team, the new guidelines should ensue that MEM remains a friendly, supporting forum for members to share their passions, problems and posers.

Well done.

Jim

Offline Pete49

• top of the gulf SA, Gateway to the Flinders Ranges
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 03:09:56 AM »
This once again proves that this forum has a great admin team and that the members can have a say without being dumped on, a truly democratic way. It goes to prove that the original reason for the forum is the best way to run them, by the members for the members. That said lets not get too ambitious and end up destroying this forum by having too many sub/child forums. I think to add this one makes sense as some do like to give engines something to do and it would certainly make interesting additions at model engineering shows.
To the admin team  :cheers:
Pete
I used to have a friend.....but the rope broke and he ran away :(....Good news everybody I have another friend...I used chain this time :)

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 07:51:56 AM »
Thanks must go to the management team for the improvements

one thing tho I notice that the boiler section says our disclaimer .....  where can that be found

Stuart
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Offline ths

• Kangaroo Valley, NSW, Australia
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 08:21:00 AM »
One of those instances where more is more.

Hugh.

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 03:39:51 PM »
Stuart,
The disclaimer will likely be in the form of a sticky note on the first page of the boiler section. In any event, once things get fleshed out with the changes, I am sure it will be posted in a visible and easy to see place.

Bill

Offline Stuart

• Tilchestune UK
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »
Thanks Bill

the problem is giving advice to people when they do not say were on the big ball they are
and any advice on the construction really should be directed to their boiler inspector , I would be no use if something were to happen ( heaven forbid ) saying joe soap at MEM said it was ok to do this or that

unfortunately boilers are the one aspect of our interests that has to be done correctly no short cuts allowed at all.

I have made a few copper silver soldered ones in the past but the last three have been professionally made with full CE markings and complete documentation , the last also have internal construction photos supplied.

I have heard it said in other forums what does it matter I am not going to steam this up in public so I do not need to have it tested and insured , that comment leads me to worry about there safety and their family and houses

Yes I am fully aware that it is rare for a well constructed copper boiler to fail catastrophically they bend and and the gauge glass ruptures quite quickly thus reducing the danger, but steel boilers are different kettle of fish they can fail in a dramatic manner
I do hope that the management team can sort out some sort of meaning full disclaimer that we can adhere  to/refer builders to when questions are asked, as what was OK in LBSC days is a definite NO NO now  e.g. "just drill and tap the back head and screw in that  fitting you have just made without a captive valve spindle "

Sorry for the soap box but I would not wish anyone to get hurt with any steam raising plant  a quick calculation of the forces on a boiler shell running at 100psi wp make the mind boggle

Thanks agin for the revamp
Stuart
My aim is for a accurate part with a good finish

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »
Stuart,

Points well taken.   The final responsibility of any model boiler rests with the builder and the laws in that jurisdiction.   As the builder, you are responsible to determine their applicability to assure the design and construction is safe and within the law before you build it.    I am sure this will be discussed.

Thanks,

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 06:55:26 PM »
Just wanted to add my thanks to the admins and moderators...as well as to all the great members here.
I liked everything I saw...

well...except maybe some of the avatars  :Lol:
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal