Author Topic: A small job  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Pete49

• top of the gulf SA, Gateway to the Flinders Ranges
A small job
« on: September 16, 2013, 05:14:01 AM »
I was using my Russian lathe the other day so it won't lock up and I needed to drill a 7mm hole through the piece in the jaws and oops the supplied chuck just handles 1/4" (6.5mm) at most :shrug: While trying to sort that out I was doing a bit of recycling and the old battery drill has a nice chuck to 3/8" mmmmm. Well set to got it off the shaft at last (drilled out the stub), made a MT2 and press fit nose and bingo now have a bigger chuck and a rare win.  :whoohoo:
Just a pic for those who need them added of the original and the new one.
Pete
I used to have a friend.....but the rope broke and he ran away :(....Good news everybody I have another friend...I used chain this time :)

Offline Pete49

• top of the gulf SA, Gateway to the Flinders Ranges
Re: A small job
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 04:10:38 AM »
A small adaption was made yesterday due to a slight oversight by me. (nothing unusual there  :Lol:) I went to use it in my Sparey dividing head to hold a small item in the mill and the rotation of the tool pulled it forwards a little. It now has a drawbar  :ThumbsUp: and all is good with the world again.
Pete
I used to have a friend.....but the rope broke and he ran away :(....Good news everybody I have another friend...I used chain this time :)

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: A small job
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 12:44:49 PM »
That's a nice bit of recycling Pete, and a useful chuck to show for it too.  Thanks for sharing.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal