Author Topic: Gail In New Mexico, USA  (Read 12006 times)

Offline GailinNM

• Albuquerque, NM, USA
Re: Gail In New Mexico, USA
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2013, 03:47:58 PM »
Dave: Not much for laying a strip.  About all I have left on the street has been a little skin a couple of times in the early days.  Have got enough fine motor skills back so I don't do that anymore.

Brian:  Thanks for the comments.  I have read most of your postings on HMEM as I am still active there. The two forums each have their place and compliment each other. But, I have not posted very much anywhere as I learned to type again. You have come a long way since we first met online.  And it's great to see you helping beginners along the way on your journey.  The more fun any of us have then the more fun we all have.

Gail in NM

I would like to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Offline GailinNM

• Albuquerque, NM, USA
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2013, 03:43:51 PM »
Im my opposed piston build thread I mentioned that I would be away for a few days.  One of the reasons was the impending adoption of two new grandchildren by by daughter and her husband. Not that I expect many people on this forum to be interested but here is a photo of  daughter, husband, and the two children with the judge following the proceedings.  The children are soon to be ages 3 and 4 and I have been their temporary grandpa for the last 2-1/2 years. Now it's permanent.
Gail in NM

Offline stevehuckss396

• Sterling Heights, MI USA
    • Steve's Miniature Sparkplugs
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 04:31:01 PM »
That's awesome! Congratulations
Do not be like the cat who wanted a fish but was afraid to get his paws wet.

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2013, 04:33:09 PM »
Congrats to you and your family Gail!

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Online Kim

• Global Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon, USA
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2013, 04:55:18 PM »
I know that feeling of a finalized adoption and its a wonderful thing - its just like the birth of a child.  It may be hard for people who haven't been through it to understand how they can be similar, but they are!

Congratulations to your daughter & husband and to you!

That's a beautiful picture, thanks for sharing it :)

Such a wonderful, exciting event!
Kim

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »
Congrats to the whole family Gail...thanks for sharing the picture.
Bill

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2013, 07:51:53 PM »
Congrats, Gail. From an only child of an only child, with no children of my own, I, can greatly appreciate the feelings. Cheers to you and yours.

Whiskey

Offline Captain Jerry

• Summerfield, FL USA
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2013, 11:36:13 PM »
Congratulations Gail!  You are so lucky to be able to be a part of their young lives.  And congratulations to daughter and son-in-law for raising such a beautiful family!

Jerry
NOTARY SOJAK

There are things that you can do and some things you can't do. Don't worry about it. try it anyway.

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2013, 01:17:15 AM »
Congratulations Gail on your family addition, grand kids are a joy to enjoy especially when they are that age. I like the wheelie looks like you have mastered that also.
I am curious, if you are the same Gail Graham who designed this external hone. I have used it quiet often and works great.

Don

Offline GailinNM

• Albuquerque, NM, USA
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2013, 04:32:18 AM »
Thanks for all the comments.

This is the second round of adoption.  My son and his wife expanded their family a few years ago when they adopted two pre-teen girls. Whiskey: you can probably appreciate this more than most.  They had one girl who was an only child.  She went from being an only child to the middle child. A real case of shell shock then, but it better now.  My daughter also has a son who is in college in Florida so it is more of empty nest syndrome for them. They are all great.  My sons girls love to babysit my daughters new kids.

Don: I can't get away from my past can I.  Yes, I designed the external hone pictured.  I made one for myself and did an extra set of parts at the same time.  Mike Rhemus, editor of Model Engine Builder Magazine, wanted one so I sent him the extra set of parts.  He measured the parts and did the cad drawing from them that he published in MEB. I am glad it works well for you.  It does a nice job on longer shafts but is awkward for short pieces.

Gail in NM

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal