Engines > From Kits/Castings

A Wallaby of my own.

(1/229) > >>

steamer:
Hi All,

I'll be documenting this one here.    Hope you enjoy.   Pete (Metalmad) did a full blow by blow at the other place and made a great running engine,,,,hence my name...of my own.
I will be using Bez's castings...they seem well enough...I'm sure they'll be great as one running engine is out there made from them.  I started this at the other site as a "interactive" thread.   That didn't seem to catch on well, ....so although I don't mind input on different ways of doing things....feel free to.....I won't be making it a focus like I did there.   Instead I'll work with the equipment I have and post it blow by blow.  My son is going to be working with me and at the age of 9 is quite young...but he's enthusiastic.    Don't expect any speed records here...... ;)   I'm a busy guy.

Dave

Bogstandard:
Dave,

I've got engines I started years ago, and they still aren't finished, you just take as long as you want.

Just make sure that little one gets a good grounding in machining, he's the future.

John

arnoldb:
Hi Dave

Yes, don't rush it  :)

Just post things up; I'm sure people will ask if they've got questions!

Kind regards, Arnold

steamer:
Thanks guys .....will do.

Dave

tel:
 :)) Took me 17 years, almost to the day, to do the Stuart Beam. Any longer than that will be of concern tho  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version