Engines > From Kits/Castings

Agnes.... 1/16 Scale Pollit & Wigzell Tandem Compound Condensing Engine.

<< < (38/41) > >>

pgp001:
Grub Screws...........Who mentioned Grub Screws ? .........Not on my engine thankyou.  ;D

Those eccentrics are actually held in place with two hexagon head bolts at 90° to each other, as per full size. The only difference on the model will be the screws will eventually have dimples drilled into the crankshaft once the timing has been established, the full size engine had some gripper pads between the ends of the bolts and the shaft. The bolts are going to be very fiddly to fit and then adjust the timing, so it could get interesting.
Seriously though I may use some grub screws initially until the timing is set, then swap them for the correct bolts later, It is one of my pet hates being able see modern fasteners on something like this, I dont mind if they can be hidden, but certainly not on show.

That fixture was actually a Graham Meek idea, he documented it when explaining how to mill the base and nose radii on small engine cams, so I just modified it a bit to do these eccentrics.

Phil

mike mott:
I really like the look of those eccentrics.

Mike

pgp001:
This is the current state of play, I now have an "almost" finished Whitehead governor on the engine.

Phil

Admiral_dk:
I've completely forgot how big a project this one is  :o  - oh and nice parts  :ThumbsUp:

I can't remember - is the barring engine functional ?

Per

pgp001:
Yes definitely a long term project.

And yes the barring engine has run on compressed air.

Phil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version