Author Topic: Clamps  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Lew Hartswick

• Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Clamps
« on: May 21, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »
A "sort-of" copy of the KantTwist clamp. A pair made by one of the students just finished up today.
I added a pix of one of the first ones I made while developing the "build" instructions.  If anyone is
really serious about duplicating these I could do a CD of the entire file and mail it I suppose. It's way
too big to send by e-mail

Arbalest

Re: Clamps
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:30:30 PM »
Nice looking clamps. Shame some enterprising soul does'nt supply laser cut blanks for these, easy enough to make the rest of the bits and assemble.

Offline John S

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »
Nice looking clamps. Shame some enterprising soul does'nt supply laser cut blanks for these, easy enough to make the rest of the bits and assemble.

What size ?

How many ?
John Stevenson, Nottingham , England

Offline Lew Hartswick

• Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 03:28:12 PM »
That would defeat half the fun. :-)  There was the fun of making the fixture to hold the rough shaped
parts to mill the tapers.  I got all of that "fun".  There were a handful of fixtures made to insure all the
pieces went together and worked right. Nothing very difficult with a mill and lathe.
   ...lew... 

Arbalest

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 06:48:45 PM »

What size ?

How many ?

A couple would do me but I don't know what sizes these clamps come in normally. Anyone have a link for the commercial ones?

Just found this.

http://clampmfg.com/images/kant_specs_sheet.jpg
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 06:51:53 PM by Arbalest »

Offline modeng2000

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 07:33:35 PM »
I have a pair by Crab Clamp Ltd and they were 'Made in England' but the company has folded!

John

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal