Author Topic: A Tearful Day  (Read 7690 times)

Offline dsquire

• Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: A Tearful Day
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »
Eric

:ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:

Cheers  :cheers:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 12:20:51 AM »
Jim

What's this all about?

Yes, but did the doctor's plaque get positioned up on the wall before you left? GJ was a great one for certain, he was on every juke in every joint I frequented in my younger days. Today's twang and stomp performers don't even come close to that style of music and is a big reason I stopped listening to country music as a whole.  :toilet_claw:

BC1
Jim

And this

We don't ever and are damn proud it happened. And you forgot that little sister was in PRISON

My bad. I forgot. However, there is good news, she is currently up for parole and will not be needing visitation rights to see her 21y.o. baby. He is serving a life sentence for getting drunk and armed robbery. He is being housed in the next cell block over. Mama tried.

BC1
Jim

Or this?
An' don' fergit that daddy got laid off from the mill after mama ran off with the dog and the truck died on the railroad tracks in the pouring rain ..... twang..... stomp.  :stickpoke:

BC1
Jim

Come on man.....give it a rest...
Nuf said.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:42:25 AM by steamer »
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Bearcar1

• Chicagoland Area, USA
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 05:35:25 AM »
Jim

What's this all about?

Yes, but did the doctor's plaque get positioned up on the wall before you left? GJ was a great one for certain, he was on every juke in every joint I frequented in my younger days. Today's twang and stomp performers don't even come close to that style of music and is a big reason I stopped listening to country music as a whole.  :toilet_claw:

BC1
Jim

And this

We don't ever and are damn proud it happened. And you forgot that little sister was in PRISON

My bad. I forgot. However, there is good news, she is currently up for parole and will not be needing visitation rights to see her 21y.o. baby. He is serving a life sentence for getting drunk and armed robbery. He is being housed in the next cell block over. Mama tried.

BC1
Jim

Or this?
An' don' fergit that daddy got laid off from the mill after mama ran off with the dog and the truck died on the railroad tracks in the pouring rain ..... twang..... stomp.  :stickpoke:

BC1
Jim

Nuf said.

You must have misconstrued my meaning here. I was having a poke of fun at country music in that for the most part, the old timer tunes were based primarily around a few commonalities such as trains, prisons, trucks, dogs, getting drunk, and the pouring rain. Nothing more. I'm sure that Eric understands this notion and my comments were not directed as a slur to him, or anyone else for that matter,  in any way. If my remarks have offended anyone in some way I apologize for having done so unknowingly and will make every effort to contain my sense of humor in the future. Twang..... Stomp.   Indeed, Nuff' said.

BC1
Jim

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 11:02:50 AM »
Well Jim, I am glad you cleared that up. I'll have to admit I was beginning to think you were headed in another direction. Probably the question about the plaque and the fact that the  references used weren't actual lyrics caused my thinking. The whole point of the thread was just to say thanks to a couple of people. If the Optivisor hadn't been involved I probably wouldn't even have said anything here on the forum. Hey man I'm good, no problem. Come on I'll buy. Even got Old Style if'n you'ns want one :cheers:

Yo Redneck,
Eric

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 11:42:51 AM »
Jim

What's this all about?

BC1
Jim

And this

BC1
Jim

Or this?

BC1
Jim

Nuf said.

You must have misconstrued my meaning here. I was having a poke of fun at country music in that for the most part, the old timer tunes were based primarily around a few commonalities such as trains, prisons, trucks, dogs, getting drunk, and the pouring rain. Nothing more. I'm sure that Eric understands this notion and my comments were not directed as a slur to him, or anyone else for that matter,  in any way. If my remarks have offended anyone in some way I apologize for having done so unknowingly and will make every effort to contain my sense of humor in the future. Twang..... Stomp.   Indeed, Nuff' said.

BC1
Jim

OK....my bad.  My appologies   

Nuf said 8)

"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Bearcar1

• Chicagoland Area, USA
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 02:56:23 PM »
Don't know about the OS, Eric, but if yas got some PBR in long necks, I would be interested  :cheers:   And Dave, we're cool  8) :ThumbsUp:

BC1
Jim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal