Author Topic: Oliver's New Home  (Read 3894 times)

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
Oliver's New Home
« on: April 21, 2013, 05:54:49 PM »
My lathe is semi-of-out-of-commission until the new power supply for the carriage feed motor arrives on Tuesday.
This seemed like a good time to put the "new" Oliver S-4 Die Filer in a proper environment.
The stand (until this morning) held a Delta Thickness Planer for wood. It will probably go to the next Cabin Fever auction.
The switch was from Amazon. The Oliver never had a switch. I guess the first shift plugged them in and 8 hours later unplugged them.
PVC pipe from a friend's swimming pool extras when they installed the heater.
The magnifying lamp has been around the shop forever.
I'm going to put a small partition between the Oliver and the red blast cabinet behind it. I have the cabinet well sealed and really get no glass beads trying to escape, but I'm just protecting Oliver.

Best,
Stan

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
Re: Oliver's New Home
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 06:00:33 PM »
I like it Stan!     :ThumbsUp:

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline Jo

• Administrator
  • Hampshire, england.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »
I think I could find a use for that   :naughty: Its looking good ;)

Jo
Enjoyment is more important than achievement.

Offline sshire

• LS Editions
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 07:10:56 PM »
Jo
I'd loan it to your for your turning demo but I fear the shipping would be a bit out of hand :Lol:
Best,
Stan

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 01:01:26 AM »
That looks great Stan. As to the bead blasting cabinet, i have one identical except for color...have you had any issues with the filter clogging up? I have removed it , shaken it, reverse blown it out and it still restricts air flow to the point that the sealed lid pressurizes and performance falls off sharply. Any suggestions?

Bill

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 09:08:03 AM »
Hi Stan,
 What a cool toy! I was given a bunch of casting, don't tell Jo, for a small one that was discribed in the ME years ago, oh no another on the list!
Bill,
 I've got one of those bead blisters too, took the filter off, biffed it in the bin, good riddance I say! Brought a cyclone from a company in the States......wish the freight guys weren't so hungry for funds.... Hooked it to the shop vac, now with the blaster running you can't open the lid! All I need now is a bigger compressor! Oh & no dust gets out.

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 11:44:36 AM »
Thanks for the tip Kerrin. I have heard of the cyclone but its been a while. I will google it and see what pops up. Without hijacking Stan's thread, any chance you could post or send a pic of the mod you made to yours. I sispect many of us have these and could benefit from it.

Bill

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal