Author Topic: New Toy New Joy  (Read 7586 times)

Offline Ginger Nut

• Woolnwood
Re: New Toy New Joy
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 06:10:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum Ray.
I'll have to tell my daughter about your website. She's a spinster and enjoys communicating with people around the world.

Oh the poor girl what couldn't find a nice bloke LOL no seriously LOML is the spinner Weaver not me I just make the stuff if she would like Sue's email addy just let me know.

Offline Ginger Nut

• Woolnwood
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 06:14:39 AM »
So... Ray. Ginger Nut!  Wonder where that came from  :headscratch:   :Lol:

Not taking the mick... 30+ years of "Oi Ginge"  I'm a full member of the club  ;D

Hope the lathe gives you many hours of good service.

Ornamental turning?? Like Rose engine stuff?

Yes it thinning fast and as we do going white and No I love the Biscuit Ginger Nut and LOML had just brought me a cuppa and one or two to go with it.

So far so good with the lathe just me getting used to it.

Ornamental Turning yep as in Rose Engine stuff my build has been on the shelf for some years I was a member of the OTGA here (see link on our blog). The Myford will advance me in making tooling etc and doing some OT projects.

Ralph.

Offline Ginger Nut

• Woolnwood
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 06:16:19 AM »
My apologies gents I had not set up Notifications and thought (Nice bunch those blokes LOL) no just busy and slack so I have now fixed  that and it will mean I am back more often I guess.

Offline cidrontmg

• Penafiel, Portugal
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 02:09:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ginger Nut! Mine is an ancient Myford S7, still going strong. Ornamental Turning - see http://www.hemingwaykits.com/acatalog/Westbury_Eccentric_Turning_Tool.html  That I'd really want...

Offline steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »
Welcome Ray!

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline divided he ad

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 04:08:55 AM »
Keep us posted on your progress on the OT Ray :ThumbsUp:  Very interesting stuff that  :D

Ornamental Turning - see http://www.hemingwaykits.com/acatalog/Westbury_Eccentric_Turning_Tool.html  That I'd really want...

:whoohoo:  I have one of those!! Got it with my milling machine.... Never quite knew what it was for  :thinking:  Thought it was an automatic boring/facing head... Which I suppose it kind of is  ;D

Ralph.

Offline Pete49

• top of the gulf SA, Gateway to the Flinders Ranges
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 04:34:24 AM »

Pete I guess thats you LOL G'day

Sorry has taken so long to reply I hadn't st up Notifications had I  :embarassed:
[/quote]

Sure its me fxst on the other place
Pete
I used to have a friend.....but the rope broke and he ran away :(....Good news everybody I have another friend...I used chain this time :)

Offline Bezalel

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 05:09:59 AM »
G'day Ray

Welcome  and   :Director:  be Warned!

Your story sounds very familiar.  I started with a wood lathe and found there were so many attatchment I needed that could only be made on a metal lathe..............  So I bought the retched thing and down the rabbit hole I went.   :LittleDevil:

I don't have a clue about how to get out of here now .... Even if I wanted to.   :cheers:

Cheers

Bez

Queensland - wet one day, humid the next

Offline Ginger Nut

• Woolnwood
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »
G'day Ray

Welcome  and   :Director:  be Warned!

Your story sounds very familiar.  I started with a wood lathe and found there were so many attatchment I needed that could only be made on a metal lathe..............  So I bought the retched thing and down the rabbit hole I went.   :LittleDevil:

I don't have a clue about how to get out of here now .... Even if I wanted to.   :cheers:

Cheers

Bez

Bez yep your dead right its addictive for sure I want to do it all and now  :insane:

Offline Ginger Nut

• Woolnwood
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 07:24:46 AM »
Well its been over 15 month since I joined this forum although I have used the ML7 a bit to me its not enough. To many other projects mainly wood ones happening and winter this year has slowed progress a great deal.

I am in the middle of making V-Blocks once the warmer weather hits I hope to get them done.

Mate dropped round with a NEWS variable angle vice recently but sadly it was to big other wise they would be done by now.

Ah well :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal