Help! > Machines, Tools and Fixtures

Small Boring Head

<< < (8/16) > >>

Mosey:
You guys love to tease, don't you. :LittleDevil:
I spent months finding an affordable Albrecht 0-1/8", but use it on my sensitive drilling machine. I have a 0-3/8" with short straight shank for the F1, but it has to go in a collet, so it doesn't end up being as short as I want. I plan to do the boring head manufacture as soon as the Silver Bullet is fired, and the filing machine is made, and fix 4 airplanes, and  :Mad:.......you know the problem.
I don't want to know how little you paid for that chuck, either. :ThumbsDown:

Did you bid on that Aciera tilting vice, also? :rant: :rant:

Mosey

steamer:
You and I combined don't have the income for that vise Mosey!.....

I can buy a nice BP with a Kurt vise for the price of that vise! :hellno:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aciera-F-1-Swiss-Vise-/111056431072?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19db7aa7e0

The kick in the head is...it's not that great a vise!....good for tiny things..but....not as much holding power as a toolmakers vise.

Dave

steamer:

--- Quote from: Mosey on April 21, 2013, 02:43:47 PM ---You guys love to tease, don't you. :LittleDevil:
I spent months finding an affordable Albrecht 0-1/8", but use it on my sensitive drilling machine. I have a 0-3/8" with short straight shank for the F1, but it has to go in a collet, so it doesn't end up being as short as I want. I plan to do the boring head manufacture as soon as the Silver Bullet is fired, and the filing machine is made, and fix 4 airplanes, and  :Mad:.......you know the problem.
I don't want to know how little you paid for that chuck, either. :ThumbsDown:

Did you bid on that Aciera tilting vice, also? :rant: :rant:

Mosey

--- End quote ---

I'll review the 30 mm one I got from Chronos...and let you know Mosey.

Mosey:
Addendum, corrigendum.

I have 1/8" on the sensitive drill, 1/4" on the F1, 3/8" and 1/2" on the Clausing. All have straight shafts. All Albrecht.
The 1/4" is nice, but a dedicated boring head on a W12 shaft will be better. Get there. :stir:

30 mm too big. The F1 head is 26 x 21 mm., tools 6 mm.

How is the Wallaby progressing? Pictures?

Your humble student. O:-) O:-)
Mosey

steamer:
Should get some work done this afternoon or evening....Now that I have the plugs...I can come back to the head and finish it off.

I'll need to make the fixture for it though...probably do that first before I have to take the vise off, and mount up the angle table...haven't used that in ages!

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version