Author Topic: Bead or Sand Blaster  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
Bead or Sand Blaster
« on: April 23, 2013, 11:08:32 PM »
Hi All,
 Bill Lindsey asked on Olivers thread if I could post some pictures of the cyclone I've added to my bead blaster ....so here it is.
 First pic a general shot showing it hooked to the blaster, the shop vacuum cleaner is attached at the top, 2nd shot a close up of the cyclone itself, 3rd showing the tapered hole I cut in the blaster out to the cyclone to reduce the suck a little, it worked so well that it cracked the corner of the plastic see through top!

Ok I brought mine from www.clearvuecyclones.com Just checked & it looks like a) they are making them again, & b) they are currently on SALE!! although a different design to mine, however if they work the same who cares!  Look for the CV06 Mini. The usual disclaimer only a happy customer.

These guys have the manufacturing rights to Bill Pentz design, his website   www.billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone  if you have a spare hour or two a site worth checking out as to why he decided to look into cyclone design & why he reckons most designs on the market are wrong. If you play with brown stuff worth a read......your health may depend on it, that's what drove Bill to look into this.

Also worth changing on these blasters is the bead pickup, I put a sloped bottom in, a bit of cardboard so the beads would move to the lower end, not that effective, probably better to put in two sloping to the middle, currently the bead pickup is external, the copper pipe sticking out the side. A guy on the ME site has a bottom fitting he purchased in the UK so that's another option.

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
Re: Bead or Sand Blaster
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 12:35:44 AM »
Thanks Kerrin, that helps a lot, will be trying it on mine now too.

Bill

Offline Steamer5

• Global Moderator
  • The "Naki" New Zealand
Re: Bead or Sand Blaster
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:27:43 AM »
Hi Bill,
 No problem, the flange fitting on the blaster is a 50mm plumbing fitting, bored out to fit the hose, with an Ali ring to hold it on. The top fitting the same, except for a custom wood ring, the inlet just needed a little filing to make the hose fit on the side. I made up a custom wood top for the bucket & screwed the cyclone too it, hope this helps. The clear cue site has or had, the business has changed hands, lots of photos of how guys had mounted them up.

Cheers Kerrin
Get excited and make something!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal