Author Topic: My shop  (Read 3833 times)

Offline scout800

My shop
« on: August 31, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »
This is my little shop still have to get lathe up and running but i think this will do. There is some pics of a nitro rc boat i'm building, thought i'd make a super charger for it we will see how that goes. Thanx for looking,   Dave. 

Offline AussieJimG

• Rest In Peace
  • Bywong, NSW, Australia
Re: My shop
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:39:08 AM »
That nitro boat looks interesting Dave

Jim

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 01:38:34 AM »
Nice looking set-up Dave. The boat looks interesting too!!

Bill

Arbalest

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 05:05:19 AM »
Nice looking Lathe and Mill, what make are they? Nice work on the supercharger so far, let's see some more as you progress with that!  ;)

Offline scout800

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »
Thanx for the intrest guy's, my lathe is a Atlas 6x18 it's a little small but should do 95 percent of what I need to do, same with the Bench master mill. However I have access to a large Clausing lathe and a Bridge port mill at work for any thing else. I plan to get DRO's for both Lathe and mill and maybe a power feed for the mill, hopefully. I realized after I posted the pic's that maybe I shouldn't have posted pic's  of the motor because I didn't actually build it, I'm sorry if I offended anybody. As for the supercharger that's going to take a little more thinking, I'm going to hand carve the intake manifold with a grinder, machine supports and figure out how to belt drive off of flywheel. Any ideas on drive mechanism? Oh yeah , and add another carb. Being a resident of Apache Junction, AZ USA, it was 110 degrees in my shop yesterday. Come on winter! It will be a while before I get any thing else done on it. I wanted to add, looking through this web site I am amazed at the TREMENDOUS amount of skill and RESPECT you folks have , I'm honored to be a part of it. THANK YOU !   Dave...   

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »
Dave, no problem posting the pics even of a commercially built engine.It isn't like you claimed to have built it yourself :)  One thing you can do to help though is to reduce your picture size to 800 x 600. That is plenty large enough for the forum and makes the downloads much faster even for those of us with decent broadband connections. For those with slow connections it takes forever to see these megapixel sized pictures.

Bill

Offline Roger B

• Global Moderator
  • Switzerland
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 07:45:41 PM »
Some nice machines  :ThumbsUp:  :ThumbsUp:

Is only the cylinder head on that engine water cooled? Is the boat fast enough to get enough airflow over the cylinder?
Best regards

Roger

Offline scout800

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 12:29:52 AM »
Thanx for the info on picture size Bill I didn't know that. Roger , yes only the cylinder head is water cooled . I'm not sure how fast the boat will be, that is a good point didn't really think of that, now i'm scratching my head. Maybe I should add some sort of cold air scoop to help cool cylinder and crank case..... Shouldn't hurt, thanx  for the input Roger .                     Dave.                                                                                                                                                     

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal