Author Topic: Cabin Fever MEM BBQ Eating  (Read 25706 times)

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
Re: Cabin Fever MEM BBQ Eating
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2013, 11:52:25 PM »
Cocktail onions? Jelly jar?

I gotta drive home after. If I can't...I hope you got room.
Carl (aka Zee) Will sometimes respond to 'hey' but never 'hey you'.
"To work. To work."
Zee-Another Thread Trasher.

Offline AussieJimG

• Rest In Peace
  • Bywong, NSW, Australia
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2013, 01:06:40 AM »
:lolb: very entertaining thread, wish it wasn't so far to go. With a little whiskey I'm sure I could understand all that stuff Eric is saying  :o

Steve

I can feel a trip coming on next year (while I can still afford the travel insurance). Meanwhile, we still have the Crookwell pub meeting in November to look forward to.

Jim

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »
Just got back. Had to leave a bit earlier than I'd hoped due to a small 'emergency' (not what I would have called it) at home.  Stupid water leak.

Saw Lindsey, Dave, Scott, Stan, Tin, and Eric. Wish I could have caught up to a few others.
It was a good show. I got some pictures that I'll post when I get a chance. At least those that look half decent.
I've taken to point-and-shoot as I can't see the viewfinder well and don't know how the picture came out.

I'd asked Eric (Tennessee Whiskey) where his wife was and he'd said she was still back at the trailer.
A plan was hatched.

So when I left I went by his place. Nearly tripped over their welcome mat which startled the dog who then determined to startle me. Dogs don't like being startled. Neither he nor me.

Knocked on the door and there was Eric. So my plan went awry. But I as I expected, she's a very lovely person.
Eric was not as tall as I'd imagined but much slimmer. Still, how he managed to catch her is a story I'd like to hear someday.

Spent some minutes having a nice conversation and they were very kind to give me a small cooler with meat, BBQ sauce, baked beans and some habanero cheese. Feasting tonight I'm telling you. Well...maybe not. Daughter is coming over and I may share just the cheese. She loves cheese.

As for the baked bean bowl...well I wasn't disappointed but must admit a little surprised. Here's what the beans came in...

High quality for sure and people who think it's just a plastic container just don't know much.
I'm sure it's a very special redneck bowl and as such it will be treasured and much used.
I'll think of Eric every time I use it.
I should have asked him to autograph it for me. Might be valuable some day.

All kidding aside, I clean forgot about the bowl. Having had my plan shattered I was too discombobulated by him and distracted by her.

Thanks again Eric and Lou for the vittles and pleasant conversation.

;D
"To work. To work."

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2013, 10:02:11 PM »
Thanks Zee. Now you are gonna have to tell everyone how good it is or was. Bill got wrangled into dinner with another group, so, it's just me and Lou for dinner. Had a great time and a nice visit. Zee was just almost what I expected, but I gotta get the boy some bib overhauls. I thought at first he was a factory exec with Tormach or somebody :lolb: :lolb:. Oh, thanks fer Lou's gift. It ain't a cafe in Belgium, but, it can't hurt nuttin. :LittleDevil:. Hey, I'm on vacation here. Oh, by the way Jo, I did buy a casting and boiler kit  with feed water pump casting  from PM. Now, Zee bout Lou. When you visit Nashville I'll tell you the story. A little hint: it had to to with in-processing paperwork. :thinking: .

Y'alls Redneck,
Eric

Online steamer

• Global Moderator
  • Central Massachusetts, USA
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2013, 10:47:19 PM »
Sounds good!....wish I was there....I could have calmed the dog down and tried the beans! 8)

Dave
"Mister M'Andrew, don't you think steam spoils romance at sea?"
Damned ijjit!

Offline mklotz

• LA, CA, USA
    • SOFTWARE FOR PEOPLE WHO BUILD THINGS!
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2013, 11:12:37 PM »
Now, Zee bout Lou. When you visit Nashville I'll tell you the story. A little hint: it had to to with in-processing paperwork. :thinking: .

She was the nurse who admitted you to the asylum?
Regards, Marv
Home Shop Freeware
https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Offline b.lindsey

• Global Moderator
  • Dallas, NC, USA
    • Workbench-Miniatures
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2013, 01:02:43 AM »
Yep...sadly I missed out on the bbq and beans (my loss I am sure) due to a previous dinner committment, but I did stop by on the way out to see Eric and Lou and many thanks for the hospitality!!  Carl...I stopped first thing to get on Di-O-Gee's good side. He warms up quickly and loves back and belly scratches and only added to the fine southern hospitality already being extended by Eric and Lou.  Sorry we didn't get to chat more and hope the leak wasn't too bad. It was great to meet everyone and put some faces to names.  I have some pictures too that I will try to post shortly.

Safe travels home everyone!!

Bill

Offline Don1966

• Columbia, MS
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2013, 01:23:03 AM »
Gee Eric, wish I could of made it. Just to much work piling up on me and having a hard time keeping up. I wanted a chance to mix my Cajun conversation with you red neck conversation. I am sure there is not to much difference. I meet quiet a few red necks in the military. Well there is always next year. Post some photos when you can.

Don

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
  • North Jersey
    • MadModder
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2013, 01:37:10 AM »
I just got back. I ended up missing a lot of people there... I didn't have a whole lot of time. I had a late start and had to get back early (2.5 hr drive each way).

So, if I missed you... I am sorry and hope I can see you next year. For those I did get to see... It was great seeing you for the 1st time or seeing you again (Jim and Dave).

Next year I hope to actually do some displaying.

Eric

Offline zeeprogrammer

• West Chester, PA, USA
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2013, 12:53:58 AM »
I'm stuffed and content.
Had a feast of Eric's BBQ meat and baked beans. Awesome.
The habanero cheese was good too. Not as hot as I'd expected but it built up a little over time.
Definitely a place to visit if you get the chance.
"To work. To work."

Offline Tennessee Whiskey

• Springfield, Tennessee. USA
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2013, 01:47:07 AM »
Thanks Zee and I hope you're not just being your polite self, I hope it really was good. Oh, by the way, the beans and BBQ makes a killer burrito. I really had a great time. To those I met thanks, to those I missed I'm sorry I missed you. Mosey I searched high and low for that sexy smooth belly in those to die for bibs with no luck. Next year you ain't gett'n away that easy :lolb:. OK, now it's time for everyone going to NAMES to make us wish we were there. Bill, just how big a ol boy are you :lolb: :lolb:

Y'alls Redneck
Eric

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal